A confession

Commissions were always a pain for you, you were visionless so one commission would take all day.

It was harder today because the flower vomiting interrupted everything you tried to do. Your legs were shaky and you were slightly short of breath almost unnoticeably.

You felt stupid because all you could think about was Diluc, and how long you had known him.

The truth is as much as you knew him from the tavern you knew nothing too personal from him he was kind to you and gave you comfort but did you know him?

Like properly?

He told you about the darknight hero stuff and you knew about his dad but that was about it.

Meanwhile he knew lots about you,

Mainly your problems. Like how you felt like a burden and useless to the world.

Whenever the traveler came to Mond and they'd ask for help you'd always be ignored.

Sometimes they'd take Klee instead of you, you knew she was strong but, a child? Over loyal, kind and caring Y/N.

Diluc was the only one who saw through your façade of being the happy, go lucky adventure who was everywhere, helping everyone, st every time.

He could see that you were really just someone who didn't know their worth, someone who would get taken advantage of then left behind.

He'd watch you get treated like a toy by everybody that they'd put away when they went to play adult.

You were not a toy, and the thought of you being thrown around like nothing angered him.

Currently he was outside the winery inspecting the grapes to check their ripeness when he saw you dart by holding a weapon.

You were heading towards wolvendom so he assumed you were on commission.

"Hm am I seeing things or did that girl just cough up a lamp grass flower?" Moco said from the front of the manor.

Diluc had overheard this but ignored it. Moco and Hillie always were spreading rumours, so he assumed it was just that.

Diluc began to zone out while looking at the grapes only to be startled by a hand tapping on his shoulder.

"What do you want Kaeya?" Diluc spat disapprovingly.

"Calm down, calm down, it's about Y/N, that's all."

"Ad Astra abyssosque Thank you for completing today's commissions" Katheryne said as she handed you your rewards

You had been approached by Charles earlier who had asked you to help out at the tavern again so you made your way there trying to distract yourself from thinking about Diluc but your train of thought was interrupted by Margret running up to you.

"Y/N! Y/N I've lost one of my cats, Prince. Please find him for me!" You looked at the time and figured that you'd have enough time to find him before your shift and the tavern so you got Prince's description and ran off to find him outside Mondstat's gates.

By the time you had reached springvale you had spotted the cat and began to chase him.

He was running towards windrise so you dashed after him, trying to beckon him over.

You both ended up near the pond behind the village where the cat had somehow gotten onto the middle island.

Suddenly you found yourself floating in a bubble, struggling to breathe.

You heard the taunting chants of an abyss mage from behind you.

How you wished you had a vision.

Your sight clouded and just as you felt yourself about to loose consciousness your body hit the ground and you groaned.

"Y/N are you okay!?" A familiar voice spoke

"Diluc......?" You muttered out unable to speak properly.

He quickly scooped you up and ran with you, the mischievous black cat following behind.

If only you could see how ruthlessly Diluc had killed the mage. You would definitely be scared.

You had completely blacked out on his arms as he carried you bridal style.

"Y/N how do I tell you?"