⋆·˚ ༘ * [ two ] her sanctuary

JULY 12, 2022

PRESENT

the chilling melody to swan lake echoed throughout the whole theater as isabelle swung her arms around in wing-like movements and her expression became more cheerful by the second.

the lights were bright but opaque at the same time, attempting to depict odette and siegfried's feelings as their powerful love broke the curse, finally eradicating rothbart from the equation.

as told by 'mariinsky ballet' years ago, the once sorrowful couple could now live happily ever after.

isabelle and casper, her partner and the one who portrayed siegfried, moved in synch as they execute the emotions of their characters in their dancing beautifully.

casper placed his hand on her waist in a delicate manner as both looked to the sky with soothing bright expressions. the lights dimmed completely, leaving them in the dark as the crowd stood up and the cheers became so loud it gave isabelle goosebumps.

unbeknownst to everyone applauding, casper leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on her cheek. "you did great." he whispered in her ear.

they pulled away when the whole cast went up to the stage, bowing to the public. isabelle held a big smile on her face, as well as casper.

minutes went by as people congratulated stella left & right.

however, a certain boy in the crowd had been completely mesmerized & enchanted by her performance and now found himself with a bouquet of flowers in his hand, looking for her with his eyes.

isabelle arrived backstage and dropped to her knees. tired was an understatement. she pushed herself way too much for this performance but she had to; she played the main character.

her callused feet were now accompanied by newly made bruises caused by her pointe shoes. isabelle lied on the cold hard ground with her eyes closed.

casper placed his feet on her sides, standing above her. he bent down and put his hand on her waist, letting her know he was there. "are you feeling alright?"

the princess, still with her eyes closed, nodded and kept taking deep breaths. something she accustomed herself to doing every time she got off stage.

"have you eaten anything?" casper quietly questioned her, to which she nodded. "i ate a banana before doing my makeup."

the blond sighed, "eat something else when you get home, alright?" the sound of his voice felt as if he was begging her.

casper tapped her waist making her open her eyes to see him with a frown on his forehead, clearly worried for the girl laying on the floor.

casper and isabelle had met in 5th grade when he entered the private school. he was shy and quite the opposite of the social butterfly that is isabelle.

being as welcoming as she is, isabelle immediately took him under her wing and never left him unaided. to their surprise, a couple of afternoons later, they met again in the prestigious academy that was almost like a second home to isabelle.

ever since they became great friends. casper always jokes about how they are going to get married and live to tell the craziest love story. sometimes sounding a bit too serious about it, though the only thing isabelle did was laugh at that.