⋆·˚ ༘ * [ four ] the prince

the two days that followed were the same.

the princess uncontrollably cried herself to sleep, taking care of lillie with the help of her father as her mother seemed to be slowly gathering herself, and she didn't blame her for not feeling in the right mind to take care of a 9-month-old, after all, her mother had just died.

isabelle asked one of the maids to call her ballet academy for her and let them know she'll resume classes next week. all the owner of the academy did was mutter condolences to the bardot family as well as completely understand the absence of their best ballerina.

the day was cold and rainy. the princess stood beside her parents at the door of the family's church. her little sister was way too preoccupied with the little gadgets on her stroller to notice the number of photographs being taken.

isabelle held a neutral face as her eyes landed on the queen's closed coffin which was being carried to the family's church for the public to come and directly pay their respects.

individuals stood out at the palace in line for days now, only to get a glimpse of the late monarch.

two hours passed and the line seemed to get longer. isabelle's sore feet began hurting, suddenly remembering that she was due to change the bandaids that were wrapped around her toes had completely slipped her mind. her head had been in the clouds for a couple of days now, thus, isabelle refrained from beating herself up any longer.

the black-haired girl snapped out of her trance at the sound of lillie's cries. isabelle crouched down to the little girl's height, and remembered the toddler hadn't eaten since breakfast, meaning she was hungry. "i'll go feed lillie, excuse me."

her mother quietly thanked her as isabelle began walking away with the crying child. "it's okay, li. just wait for a bit, yeah?" she comforted her little sister to the best of her ability.

a housekeeper spotted the princess and immediately approached her. "her highness's food is ready." he informed isabelle regarding lillie.

isabelle thanked him before entering the dining room, then carried her little sister from her stroller and sat her on her high chair.

an apple compote and shredded chicken sat on the high chair's table. "okay li, like yesterday, i'm going to need you to eat calmly, okay?" isabelle said before raising a small spoon with compote. "because then your tummy will hurt, and we don't want that, my love." she cooed, even if lillie didn't understand one bit of what she was saying.

lillie babbled and raised her arms up in the sky in excitement. "it's so cold today, and we're only in july, li. can you believe that?" lillie babbled yet again, almost as if she had replied to her older sister.

isabelle's eyes landed on lillie's wrist, which sported a golden bracelet with charms gifted by their grandmother the day she was born. a smile made its way to the older princess's face remembering that day.

lillie made a face, indicating she was full. her older sister began wiping the corners of her mouth and fixing the mess she'd made.

isabelle raised her head when one of his grandfather's assistants and another maid by his side walked up to her and addressed her, "your highness," they both bowed their heads.

"yes?" she replied, giving them their undivided attention.

"at 6 pm the guests will be arriving. abiding by the king's rules.." the man went on and on, saying how he needed to clean the area for guests, and kindly asking isabelle to move somewhere else with the baby.