ғɪʀsᴛ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

It was the day of my date, surprisingly I wasn't showing much for being six months pregnant, I guess that explains that's the reason I had no idea of my pregnancy in the first place.

I had no idea what to wear, I even went through Evelyn's clothes, no matter what I picked out, it just didn't seem good enough. It really shouldn't be this hard, I've known James since first year, it will just be like a hangout, with just the two of us, alone.

"I give up." I groaned sitting on my bed and placing my hand on my stomach. "You're lucky you don't have to deal with this you little rascal." I whispered, just then Evelyn walked into the dorm carrying biscuits.

"I couldn't find those raspberry ones you like, but they had chocolate." She announced and I turned around to look at her.

"I didn't want any biscuits." I told her and she nodded.

"I know I just feel better about myself when I think the pregnant lady is going to eat all this." She said taking a bite out of one of the biscuits. "How's it going with outfits? Find any you like?" She asked crumbs falling from her mouth, I scrunched up my nose.

"No, nothing seems good enough." I said, getting up again and walking back to my wardrobe, I ended up changing into something casual:

" I said, getting up again and walking back to my wardrobe, I ended up changing into something casual:

"Looking amazing Jules." Evelyn told me and I smiled.

"The bump isn't obvious is it?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Can barely even tell, just looks like you've gained some water weight." She told me and I laughed.

" 'Cause that's definitely what I wanted to hear." I sighed looking at my watch and my eyes grew wide. "I'm gonna be late, gotta run, love ya." I yelled while rushing out the dorm, careful not to trip over the carpet in the common room.

"Going somewhere?" Cade asked from where he was sitting in the dimly lit corner.

"Sweet mother of Merlin, do you take pride in giving people heart attacks!" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

"Only people who try sneaking out of the common room an hour before curfew." He said as a matter of factly.

"I'll be back in time for curfew Zabini, don't worry too much." I yelled back as I stepped through the portrait where James stood with a bouquet of daisies, one of my favourite flowers.

"Hi." He breathed out when he saw me, I blushed, hopefully he didn't notice in the dark.

"Hi." I said thanking him for the flowers, we then set of in the castle, I had no idea where James was taking me and I was regretting my choice of wearing heels. "James, where are you taking me." I asked as we turned around another courner.

"It's a surprise." He told me, we came to a stop on the seventh floor infront of a wall, it didn't stay blank for long and we were soon met with a big door, well after James walked up and down the corridor three times.

"The room of requirement." I gasped and be grinned at me.

"Exactly, come along." He said pushing open the door, we were immediately met with a beautiful layout of holly oak trees filled with twinkling lights. I couldn't believe my eyes, on the floor laid a blanket with food and drinks laid out perfectly.

"James....how..... when." I spluttered and he chuckled.

"Believe it or not, I had help." He confessed and I raised an eyebrow.

"Who? I thought this was meant to be a secret."

"Evelyn has been helping out, that girl seriously can't keep a secret." He told me and I nodded.

"Only when she feels like it." I said taking a seat on the blanket. "How did you know about the Room of Requirement though." I asked taking a bite out of what I think was a chicken sandwich.

"The story of how I found it is kinda embarrassing." He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Please, I'm a walking embarrassment, how bad can it be." I laughed.

"I was running away from Peeves and needed somewhere to hide and the room just appeared."

"You're telling me the James Fleamont Potter was trying to hide from a Poltergeist, you should've came to the Dungeons or threatened him with the Bloody Baron." I told him and he shook his head.

"No way in hell am I ever going close to the Bloody Baron." Clearly Sirius has told him the stories made up by my sisters.

"He's really not that bad, scared of any loud noise, oh and don't tell him you heard this from me, but he'll do anything as long as you tell him something worth his while, he's quite the gossiper." I revealed.

I have no idea why I was so worried about this date, James was easy to talk to and smarter than he was given credit for. We spent the next hour joking around and just talking about nothing in particular.

It was getting late and I was starting to get tired, James must've realised this as he cleared the blanket and offered we lay there for a while. I smiled and laid next to him, resting my head on his stomach.

"Thanks for this James, I needed a distraction." I yawned not really processing what I had said.

"No problem." I heard before I drifted into a deep sleep.