Part 1 of 2; Conversations

Mysterion stood ontop of the wallgreens roof and watched over the city below. He always loved this spot; it was his. He remembered the first time hearing about it, how cartman bragged about the coon being there. He only showed up to mock the fatass, of course. He stood there and watched the lump of shit go on and on about "no fags allowed" and that he was there first. Mysterion just stood there silently until he wore himself out and went home.

Now, he goes here everyday. Not just to watch over the city, but to look at the stars in the sky. At this point, you could see almost all of the constellations. It was beautiful. He remembered bringing his little sister up here once to calm her down after a nightmare, and watching her face light up after seeing the sight of the moon made him feel the warmest he's felt in years.

Of course, not all good things last forever. He had to take her home, but his dad caught him sneaking out of her room. Upon questioning him, he fell silent. He always did. His dad grew impatient and smashed a bottle at his unsuspecting face. It hurt like hell, but he couldn't imagine what it was like for Karen. She had to watch the whole thing, and he couldn't even try to calm her down. His words always failed him.

Ever since he started getting his new powers, he was different. He was getting tired more often (or maybe his shitty sleep was catching up on him) and he started to feel a lot differently when fighting with his frienemy, Chaos. Of course, he always felt strange around him, but it felt more noticeable. But what was the most annoying thing was that his voice started to change horribly. He fumbled with words, croaked out sentences, and didn't even have to try to use a gravely voice when Mysterion. Eventually, he gave up on talking altogether. What's the point? It's not like he's gonna have a little tea party with the villian. Unless that villian was Chaos.

Recently after their battles, the professor started to ask to sit and just have chats with the hero. At first, Mysterion instantly declined. But Chaos started to get more adamant, giving him puppy dog eyes every time he asked. And God, could he really say no to that? Anyone else for sure, but hell, he looked fucking cute! So he agreed after some consideration.

Of course, he barley said a word during these "conversations" but it didn't matter. Chaos always had so much to say. Mysterion was a listener, and he was a talker. Everything was fine that way.

Mysterion sighed, realizing with all his reminiscing that he had forgotten about the time. Quickly, he jumped off the roof and headed torwards the storage garage across town, eager to see his villian.