i. you almost ran the red 'cause you were lookin' over at me

"OH, GOD, THAT is freakin' awesome

"OH, GOD, THAT is freakin' awesome. I mean, this is seriously gonna be the best thing that's happened to this town since-" A dark haired boy starts saying as a blonde girl and a strawberry blonde girl were gonna walk by them.

The boy, Stiles Stilinski, starts losing his train of thought when he sees Lydia Martin, Queen Bee of Beacon Hills High School. The strawberry blonde. She was walking up the stairs toward the school along with the IT girl of the school, Melina Jones. The boy abandons his train of thought in favor of trying to catch Lydia's attention.

"-Since the birth of Lydia Martin. Hey, Lydia! You look-" Lydia continues to walk right past Stiles, completely oblivious to the fact that he was talking to her, "-Like you're gonna ignore me... and there's the bitch herself, Mel Jones, who should've never been in this town."

"Come on, bro." Scott Mccall, his best friend says while Stiles looks back at Scott with an irritable expression.

"You're the cause of this, you know." Scott rolls his eyes in response to this comment.

"Uh-huh."

"Draggin' me down to your nerd depths. I'm a nerd by association. I've been Scarlet-nerded by you. But at least the blondie isn't with us anymore." Stiles says and Scott scoffs quietly to the rude remarks about Melina.

•••

Scott and Stiles enter their first period English class and take their seats. Melina walks in and sits next to Scott. Stiles rolls his eyes. Scott and Mel glance a secret smile before acting like they are ignoring each other. The teacher, Mr. Curtis, immediately begins the lecture without introduction.

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the woods last night."

Scott grins and looks over at Stiles, who is in the desk one row and one column behind him and who winks at him knowingly. Mel saw the interaction between the two. She felt a little left out but it was her fault. She was the one who dropped them both so quickly just to get the pleasure of making Lydia Martin happy.

"And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody, which means you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus, which is on your desk outlining this semester."

Scott and Stiles once again share an unexcited look before suddenly, Scott hears a phone ring so loudly that he believes it to be right next to him. However, when he looks around the room, he sees no one else reacting to the noise, causing him to frown in confusion. Mel looks at him confused.