ii. so casually cruel in the name of being honest

STILES HAD DEMANDED Melina to come watch practice and she kept refusing

STILES HAD DEMANDED Melina to come watch practice and she kept refusing. Until Scott asked her nicely and joined the three. Scott and Stiles arrive to the lacrosse field just as Coach Finstock has begun announcing their first task. Melina sat on the bleachers to watch the practice.

"Let's go! One-on-one from up top!"Coach turns to look at Jackson, who is running onto the field. "Jackson, take a long stick today."

Jackson nods and drops the stick he was holding in favor of the longer one that Coach instructed him to take before running back onto the field. Jackson looks over at Mel and winks at her. She fake gags at the sight of him. Stiles watched Jackson do that and gripped his lacrosse stick tightly.

"Atta boy!"

Jackson takes his place on the field, and when Coach blows his whistle, he scoops up a ball and the team starts the play. The players run around the field, passing the ball to each other and shoulder-checking their opponents as they try to score a goal. Coach is watching with a focused expression as he follows their movements from the sidelines.

"That's how you do it, Jackson! That's how you do it!"

Jackson looks at Melina again and smirks. She rolls her eyes at the boy as Stiles grips his stick harder. Jackson then hits one of the players in the back with the blunt end of his stick so he can steal the ball. Coach shoots an annoyed look at one of the other players, #31.

"Greenberg, take a lap!"

Greenberg sets off to run around the field as Coach turns his attention to the lined-up players ready to start their round of one-on-ones. Poor Greenberg. Mel thought to herself. Scott is at the front of the line and gets prepared to start.

"Let's go! Faster, Greenberg! Let's go." Scott, looking distracted, is brought back to reality when Coach shouts at him. "McCall, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

Coach points at Jackson, who is waiting for him with his long stick in hand, ready to show him up. However, when Scott clenches his jaw and runs toward him, he's easily tackled by the larger young man and is tossed flat on his back onto the grassy field. Melina scrunched her face up at the interaction. Ouch. Coach wastes no time in starting to mock him as Scott grimaces, both in pain and in embarrassment.

lHey, McCall!"

Over at the line, Stiles winces sympathetically at Scott's bad play. Especially once he sees Coach walking over to where Scott is still laying on the ground. Oh my.

"Hey, McCall!"

Scott lifts his head to see Jackson smirking above him, looking very satisfied by his successful tackle.

"You sure you still want to be first line, McCall?"

Coach finally makes it over to Scott just as Jackson walks away, and Scott quickly jumps to his feet, fixing his gloves and pads as Coach begins berating him for his poor performance