CHAPTER ONE

TRANKIN MOUNTAINS

23:00PM

The full moon shone brightly in the dark sky. A six year old boy child in an old grey peacoat and grey pants revealing his ankles climbed out the window. A four year old girl child also followed. She also had an old peacoat on but hers was brown.

Carefully the boy moved along the window pane as the girl followed. The girl's feet slipped but swiftly the boy held her by the back of her coat. Her bright eyes widened. Carefully the boy pulled her back near the wall. "Shh," he whispered.

The girl nodded dumbly, avoiding looking down. The boy peeped on the window beside him. A woman who seemed to be in her late forties sat on the other side of the wooden desk. There were two men who were in fancy coats and barret matching their dark colored coats, seated on the opposite side.

"I'm glad you made it today," she said pulling out a file from the drawer.

She slowly opened the file. A photograph appeared as she slid it across the glossy table.

He took the photograph which was of the girl wearing a brown peacoat. "That's her, Pamela, Pamela Diaz," she said. "So what do you think?"

She moved her upper body closer while rubbing her long bony hands with visible veins together.

The first man with a moustache took the photograph from the table and showed it to the man beside him.

"She's beautiful," the second man with a scar eyebrow said, his eyes on the photograph showed at him.

"And young," the woman in her middle forties added.

"You said she had a sibling?" the man with a moustache asked.

"Oh yes," pulling out the boy with a grey peacoat's photograph from her file handing it to him.

He took the photograph. "Paul, that is Paul, Paul Diaz the older one,"

"We don't need a boy," said the second man with scar above his left eyebrow. His eyes never leaving Pamela's photograph. "Plus he doesn't seem tender."

The woman lets out a short giggle. "Oh Mr. Wagner, you are so picky,"

"If you knew our client you wouldn't judge me,"

"Oh no, not at all I'm not judging,"

"You said how much is she?" the man with a moustache asked.

"Well Mr. Hapin, since she's still young and untouched she'll be a little expensive," the woman explained, moving her upper body even more forward.

"How much are we on about?" Mr. Wagner asked.

"Seven hundred kilos," the woman replied.

The two men past glances. "She is a virgin and the only four-year-old we have around here, you can't expect me to give her out so cheaply," the woman explained.

"Fine, we are taking her," Mr. Wagner gave in.

"Very well gentlemen, follow me," getting up from her leather chair.

The two men also got up from their comfortable chairs following the woman out.

~ ~ ~

"Come," Paul whispered moving past the window.

Pamela followed him. Paul finally stopped moving and bent down before jumping on the pile of dry hay below. He then crawled off the hay and got on his feet turning to face Pamela. He waved at her.

"I'm scared Paul," Pamela whispered, fear in her tone.

"Come on Pamela," the boy waved. "Trust me."

Pamela nodded dumbly, her body trembling. "I'll catch you," Paul assured her.