-2-

Koda

My eyes opened and noticing I was still in this car. I shot up. Looking to the window with fear as I saw... We're still driving..

A soft sigh escapes my lips when I realized that we weren't stopped yet. I rubbed my eyes and felt my bandanna had been pulled down slightly. I pull it back up and glance up to the driver.

He's just silently driving with the music playing in the radio. I hope he didn't see my face. No one really needs too. I adjust my hood and looked back out the window.

I can't wait to get to a motel being able to change my clothes with the spare ones I have and wash the blood off my skin. Geez, just thinking about it I probably look like shit.

The window rolling down caught my attention. Once it's finally down, he returns to driving quietly... Oh. What is he going to do now?

"..We're almost at a motel." He spoke.
"Oh.." I reply looking away from him.

He's staring at me though the mirror.. it's so weird...

"Before you go. Maybe you want to ask a question? I could answer it for you." He says softly.
"...How do you feel about the brigades?" I ask softly.

"..You could say I'm.. not a fan." He answered with a glare to the road.

Oh. OH! Thank everything in this world! He isn't going to bring me to Robert! HA! Yes! Oh in your face Dad! I sigh in relief and have a big smile under my mask.

Not all the brigades are bad. I know. But him paying random people to bring me back to his disgusting way. I can't fucking believe him.

"How do you feel about them?" He asks glancing at me from the mirror.
"Mixed." I admit.

"Even if there is bad, there is also some good mixed in there.. Most of them were manipulated to join. I'd call them victims." I explain remembering him showing some adults the bar.

Getting the adults black out drunk.
earning new member for this cause when some will do it willingly... I remember trying to stop a kid from joining it but he only walked into the building without a care.

I haven't seen him sense. I'm just hoping the kid isn't dead. Happens too often.

"..Mmm." He hums.

I saw the motel. But there was some jackass. That bastard Kevin, guess he is going to cause some trouble for me... Great...

The cab stops slowly and went to get out. But the door is still locked. I went to go for the lock but I saw... None? I looked around the top of the door another second. Still none.

"..Uh.. Could you unlock the door?" I ask softly.

Is this the day I die?

"..How do you know they were manipulated..?" he asks in a monotone voice.

Ohhh... Oh I'm.. I don't think I should've said what I said.

"..I've been on the run for years. Everyone has their story." I explain softly.

It's mostly something just to get around, oh, my dad is some great important asshole who is very much a dickhead who will abuse anyone. But I would rather die than say that aloud.

He seemed to be taking in what I said. I heard a swift click and the door was unlocked now. I didn't hesitate, taking the chance and getting out.

I shut the door and adjusted my bandanna and hood. I looked to see the cab is just sitting there. I shake my head and start the slight limp to the reception. I can hear Kevin following behind.