The Guards

I stared at the guards.

I studied their faces, their movements, their body language. Every little thing I could find, I studied.

And yet nothing.

Not one single emotion was conveyed.

N-o-t-h-i-n-g.

I walked up closer to them, to the point I was a centimeter away from their faces.

Yep. You guessed it. Not even a twitch.

I took a step back.

Finally, I spoke.

"Seriously? Not even one little movement." I waited for them to answer, which of course was followed by silence and no body movement.

I walked up close to them again. I waved my hand in their face.

"Hellllooooooo"

Not. A. Blink.

"Are you people aliens from Mars or something?"

I stared straight into the eyes of one of the guards.

"No I'm serious. Do I need to get some kind of DNA from y'all or are you just going to tell me? Are you human??"

Silence.

"Argh!"

I turned to the people casually walking by the palace. All of them minding their own business, not even paying attention to the scene I'm positive I created.

I stood tall and put my best public speaker voice on.

Hehe time to do what I'm best at.

Be LOUD.

See? Even my thoughts are LOUD.

I cleared my throat.

"Hello! Attention!! I would like to have everyone's attention!!" I caught a few heads turning, some other people stopping, and of course the few who just ignore the chaos around them and go about their day.

"I would like to declare these 'guards' not men, but statues. Statues of the alien universe. Millions of yards and miles and whatever the space distance term thingy is away. Thank you! Good day." I tipped my imaginary hat for added affect. I heard a few chuckles and "not this girl again" and various other statements similar to that. I smiled in victory and turned around to face the guards yet again.

All blank faces.

I threw my hands up in the air. "Seriously?!"

I heard a deep throaty chuckle to the left of me and squealed in surprise.

Not to mention I jumped like 3, ok maybe 30, feet in the air.

—————

I may or may not add more to this story but I'm not sure 🤷‍♀️ I kinda like it how it is, hehe thoughts?

~Jay <3