Chapter 2

KEY Your POV, Gus' POV

       I watched as Y/N walked in holding the hand of their child. It was a pleasant sight. I decided to walk up to them.

"Hey, baby. Do you think you can sit here & play on your iPad while I go do some work?" I asked.

"Yes! Game time!" Tommy cheered excitedly before hopping into the booth seat.

"How about a kid's meal, on me?"

        I turned to see Gus standing beside me with a smile on his face. My son immediately got excited, "Yes! Yes please!"

         At least he said please. Gus smiled at me & held his hands out, waiting for my approval. Tommy seemed to get more excited.

I sighed, "Fine, yes, yes. Thank you, Mr. Fring."

"Thank you, Mr. Fring," my son babbled.

       I turned on my heel & led Y/N to the front.

"Cynthia, get a kid's meal to the kid in the booth alone, on me."

"Yes, sir."

"Follow me, Y/N."

      I stood in front of the cash register & directed them to stand next to me. I began explaining what each button did & how to take orders. They nodded cutely each time I asked if they understood. I couldn't shake that feeling that I denied was there. The feeling that has loomed over me since that day at the Fun Run. Maybe Mike was right, I should just accept it & stop hiding behind the "opportunity to get closer to the DEA" ruse.

(Flashback)

"They're persistent, I'll give 'em that much," Mike spoke as he sat in front of me at the booth.

"What do you mean?"

"They're still looking for jobs, it's been about ten no's & they don't even slow down. I understand with the child to support but even I'd be put off by this."

"Just keep tailing them, Mike. You know what, plan B as well. Stick a flyer in their door or something. Do whatever you can to get them to Los Pollos Hermanos when I am there."

"Of course, all this to get closer to the DEA though? I know better than to ask questions but I can assure you there are easier ways to get in contact with them. Fundraise more of their stuff maybe?"

I became antsy for a reason I couldn't understand, "No, it has to be them."

"Are you sure... it's because you need to get closer to the DEA?"

"I- yes. I mean- Of course!"

"Okay, okay. I won't hound you any longer."

"Thank you, call me with any further information."

(End of Flashback)

        I finished showing Y/N the register & allowed them to go check up on their kid. I watched as they hurried over to the booth. They care so much for their kid, I wonder how they ended up with one so young. I grabbed an ice cream cone & let a little soft-serve pile onto it. With the ice cream in hand, I walked over to the booth & the young boy's eyes lit up.

"Oh no," Y/N laughed.

"Dad, please!"

"You will be bouncing off the walls! We are one complaint away from getting kicked out."

"Why, are you guys some criminals?" I joked, scrunching my nose at the kid.

"Yes!" The little boy yelled cheerily while snatching the ice cream from my hands.