𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐋𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧!

𝟗 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟗

𝟗 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟗

The radio was buzzing in the background, static sounds reaching Y/N's ears. Her eyes fluttered open against the sun light and she let the glistening sky wash over her, as sleep slowly left her body.

Turning her head towards the right side of the bed, her hooded eyes met the empty and cold seat, only the wrinkled, white sheets betraying the once warm, presence of a body.

Sighing, she lifted her left hand and stared at the emerald stone on her finger. It sparkled in the light and threw green hues all around. A small smile threatened to break through and Y/N breathed through her nose, letting her hand fall against her forehead.

Twelve years had gone by in a whirl since she met Loki in front of the Buckingham Palace. She had called it fate. The sense of familiarity he brought when he was around her, overtook her senses. It was hard to miss and ignore the feeling in her chest when he did so little by smiling at her and drinking the sight of her in. On some days, words weren't exchanged, just fleeting gazes. And it was enough.

Now, with a ring around her finger and a warm bed, she felt complete.

A waft of pancakes travelled through the door to her, tickling her nostrils. A smile bloomed on her lips and she stood up, her bare feet touching the smooth carpet. She picked up the robe strewn on the chair in front of the bed and wrapped it around her tingling body.

She let the rich aroma of the pancakes be her guide, as she walked around the house, signs of Loki everywhere around her. His black coat was hung near the door, next to her own, his shoes were near her heels (she still hated wearing them, now being tempted to buy some converse for her aching feet), his toothbrush close to hers. Photos of them on the fireplace mantel. The ring around her finger. He was everywhere, in little things and in big moments.

Her feet padded across the kitchen, the cold surface pinching her skin, and her eyes met the back of Loki's head, his ebony hair falling down his shoulders in waves and knots. He was humming a tune under his breath, some foreign words spilling out. With a flick of his wrist, he flipped over a pancake, the sweet smell of it rising into the air.

Her arms found his waist and she left a lingering kiss on his shoulder. "I thought you said you don't do midgardian things."

Loki barked out a laugh. "I think you might be rubbing off on me." He twisted around, taking her in his arms and burying his nose in her hair. A few white strands started to appear here and there, her eyes wrinkling not only because of her ever present smile, but Loki only saw her youthful soul. "Good morning, darling."

Her eyes fluttered shut, letting her head fall against his shoulder. "Morning." A small smile settled on her lips and she basked in the glory that was Loki. His scent, woodsy and smoky, wrapped her in a warm cocoon. His cold fingertips, sent shivers down her spine as he drew circles on her back. His lips caressing the crown of her head told her things only she would understand. Him. "I love you." she whispered.