6. Be Brave Theon

"Ask him!" Nova demanded.

"Right now?' Theon countered.

"Right the fuck now!" Nova hissed. "You heard the king, he is going to want me wed to his son, you have to ask him now or else they are going to ship me off to that cunt!" nova demanded and Theon glanced back at Ned. "Theon be brave." Nova begged. "please, if you truly want me you will ask him now before its too late."

+

'Is it dead yet?' Benjen called over to Jon, he was beating up a practice dummy in the courtyard.

'Uncle Benjen!' Jon said coming up to him happily.

'you've gotten bigger!' Benjen remarked it had been a while since he last visited Winterfell. 'out here all day? They didn't wanna leave you alone with a Lannister?' Benjen teased. 'You don't wanna enjoy the feast?' Benjen questioned.

'Lady Stark did not want to insult the Royal family by seating a bastard in their midst.' Jon admitted.

'Well you are always welcome at the wall,' Benjen assured him. 'no bastard has ever been turned away there.' an idea, not thought through at all sprung into jons head.

'So take me with you when you go back.' Jon suggested.

'Jon-'

'Father will let me if you ask him.' Jon negotiated

'The wall isn't going anywhere.' Benjen reminded him.

'I'm ready.' Jon assured him.

'you don't understand what you'd be giving up, we have no families none of us father any sons-' Benjen explained.

'I don't care about that.' Jon told him

'You might.' Benjen told him 'if you knew what it meant... I better get inside and rescue your father from his guests.' Benjen said 'we will talk later.' he said giving Jon a pat.

'Your uncle is in the nights watch?' Tyrion said walking up the path.

'what are you doing back there?' Jon questioned

'Preparing for a night with your family.' Tyrion told him, 'I've always wanted to see the wall,' he remarked taking a swig from his jug.

'You are Tyrion Lannister.' Jon remarked 'the Queen's brother.'

'My greatest accomplishment. And you... you are ned Starks bastard aren't you?' Jon turned away annoyed, that was not what defined him. 'Did I offend you? Sorry.' Tyrion said following him. 'But you are the bastard though.'

'Lord Eddard Stark is my father.' Jon told him

'And lady Stark is not your mother... making you the bastard..' Tyrion told him simply, 'let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget who you are or what you are the rest of the world will not, wear it like armor, that way it can never be used to hurt you,' Tyrion told him turning away from Jon.

'What the hell would you know about being a bastard?' Jon called after him

'All dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes.' Tyrion told him heading inside.

+

"He is talking with Ser Jaime." Theon remarked.
"Theon." Nova hissed.

"You going to be a man and ask for her hand?" Arya questioned smugly.

"You told her?" Theon questioned.
"As if they don't know." Nova added stabbing at her food.

"What?" Theon questioned and Robb nodded.

"You are lucky my sister still has her innocence... mainly." Robb added and Nova elbowed him in the ribs. "Or else the prince would have a hay day at his new bride to-'

'SHUT UP." Nova hissed.

'-Is not pure." Robb finished.

"I am not marrying him." Nova sneered. "Theon be brave!" Nova demanded.

"I like the prince." Sansa remarked. "He is so handsome."

"Great you take him. I want theon," Nova agreed.

"Be brave Theon." Robb mused

+

'Pardon me,' Ned said trying to get around Jaime.

'I hear we might be neighbors soon' Jaime said blocking his way. 'I hope it's true' Ned looked to Nova and Theon, the girl was smitten with Greyjoy, Ned let out a long sigh as he tried to get around Jaime.

'Yes the king has honored me with the offer' Ned said still trying to get around him.

'I'm sure we'll have a tournament to celebrate your new title if you accept. It would be good to have you in the field the competition has been stale,' Jaime told him

'I don't fight in tournaments' Ned informed him

'No? Getting a little old for it?' Jaime teased

'I don't fight in tournaments when I fight a man for real, I don't want him to know what I can do.' Ned told him

'Well said.' Jaime told him grinning.

'Excuse me,' ned said again

'You at a feast -- It's like a bear in a trap.' Benjen remarked coming up to Ned he spun around and hugged him happily.

'The boy I beheaded. Did you know him?' Ned questioned quietly.

'Of course I did. Just a lad. But he was tough, Ned. A true Ranger.'

'He was talking madness. Said the Walkers slaughtered his friends.' Ned told him.

'The two he was with are still missing.' Benjen remarked.

"Uncle Benjen is here." Nova remarked jumping up.

"Now is your chance, Greyjoy." Robb teased, Theon glanced back at Ned and Benjen, not was not his chance.

'A wildling ambush.' Ned suggested

'Maybe. Direwolves south of the wall. Talk of the Walkers. My brother might be the next Hand to the king. Winter is coming.'

'Winter is coming.' Ned agreed

"Uncle Benjen, I missed you!" Nova said hugging him.

"Oh ello sweetheart, look at you, pretty as a winter rose." Benjen remarked kissing her head.

'Uncle Benjen!" Robb said coming up to them

'Robb boy. How are ye?' Benjen questioned.

'I'm good.' Robb agreed noticing Ned's glance in Theon's direction.

"Are you staying a while?" Nova questioned hopefully.

"I am, a bit, yeah." Benjen agreed keeping an arm around her. "That Greyjoy boy still smitten with you?" Benjen mused and Nova's face went red. "I will take that as a yes."