12. Snowflake

"JON! WHAT THE FUCK!" Nova shouted grabbing his arm and spinning him around.

"I'm taking the black... surprise." Jon said weakly.
"Were you going to tell me? or was I going to see you riding off into the sunset!" Nova spat.

"Technically, sunrise." Jon countered and Nova slapped at him. "Nova I didn't know how to tell you." Jon told her.

"How about I've deiced to never see you again, I'm going to fuck men at the wall!" Nova shouted.

"I'm not going to... fuck men." Jon told her confidently.

"JON!" Nova whined.

"I will see you again." Jon corrected.

"When? It took Uncle Benjen years to be a ranger, you cant just come home because you feel like it.'' Nova reminded him.
"It's the path for me super Nova." Jon told her but Nova shook her head. "I'm going to miss you." Jon told her as she buried her face in his chest. "So much Super nova."

"I'm going to miss you." Nova whimpered. Nova put a hand to his heart. "Don't lose your heart, your honor, you are a Stark." Jon hugged her tight.

"I love you Nova."

"I love you Snowflake, don't let those Crows push you around."

+++++++++

'You said goodbye to Bran?' robb questioned coming up to Jon, they were headed out, Robb was to be the new lord of winterfell in his fathers absence. 'He's not going to die I know it.' Robb told him

'You starks are hard to kill.' Jon remarked

'My mother?'

'She was very kind.' Jon lied.

'I'm sure she was... Next time I see you you'll be all in black.' Robb remarked as Jon saddled his horse

'It was always my color.' Jon added,

'Farewell snow.'

'And you Stark.' they shared a warm embrace before Robb headed off.

+

'It is a great honor to be in the nights watch the starks have served it for thousands of years and you are a stark.' ned told Jon, 'you might not have my name but you have my blood.'

'Is my mother alive? Does she know about me? Where I am where I'm going? Does she care?' jon questioned hopelessly.

'Next time we see each other we will talk about your mother.' Ned promised before riding off.

+

'This is country' Robert said happily 'who am I to leave them all behind?'

'I have half a mind to go with you' ned informed him as they eat out in the open air.

'What do you say just you and me on the Kings Road... you and me a couple of whores at are sides and Tavern winches... something to warm our beds tonight!' Robert informed him jollily.

'If you would've asked me 20 years ago,' Ned joked

'There were wars to fight and women to marry,' Robert said begrudgingly 'I never had the chance to be young.'

'What were your chances?'

'Oh there was that one,' Robert chuckled 'what was her name Becca? With the great big tits you could bury your face in,' Robert remembered happily.

'Bessie,' ned corrected 'she was one of yours.'

'Bessie thank God for Bessie and her tits!'

'Yours was Eliana, meriyln, no the bastards mother...' Robert began.

'Lila.' Ned lied.

'That's right must've been a rare wench to make Lord Eddard stark forget his honor. You never told me what she looked like.' Robert remarked.

'Nor will I' ned said softly

'We were at war,' Robert reminded him 'we didn't know we were gonna go back home again don't be so hard on yourself you always have been. I swear if I weren't your king you would've hit me already.' Robert told him.

'Worst thing about your coronation, is I'll never get to hit you again.' Ned joked

'Trust me that's not the worst thing.' He handed him over a scroll 'there's a rider in the night.' Ned read it over

'Daenerys Targaryen has wed some Dothraki soldier...'

'what of it?' Ned read it over again 'Did you send her a wedding gift?' ned questioned.

'A knife perhaps, a sharp one and a bold man to wield it.' Robert said taking along drink from his glass

'She is barely a child' Robert reminded him.

'Soon enough that child will spread her legs and start breeding,' Robert reminded him

'Tell me we are not speaking of this?' Ned began

'Oh is it unspeakable to you?' Robert countered 'What happened to your family was unspeakable what Rhaegar Targaryen did to your sister, the woman I loved, I will kill every Targaryen I get my hands on.' Robert threatened

'You can't get your hands on this one' Ned noted.

'This Khal Drogo says he has 100,000 men in his hold.' Robert sneered.

'Even 1 million Dothraki has no threat as long as they were to remain on the other side of the narrow see, they have no ships.' Ned reminded him.

'There are still those in the seven kingdoms that call me the user per usurper. The Targaryen and Dothraki whore is back and the scum will join them.' Robert informed him.

'They will not cross' ned assured him 'and if by chance he does we will throw him back into the sea.' Ned said nonchalantly.

'There's a war coming Ned. I don't know when and I don't know who will be fighting but it is coming.'

'They've been scared of water for generations... Maybe we just let her be.'

'Let her be?' Robert questioned 'You know what is to happen. You know what is to come if she crosses!' Ned shook his head he would have no part in the massacre of a child.