Chapter Fourteen

I nearly tripped on my way down the stairs, which would've been a disaster considering the mahogany steps were longer than my success in denying the pounding feeling in my chest.

I'm in love with him. I'm in love with him.

Oh God, I'm in love with Nate Peters.

The feeling was almost ecstasy, a mixture of happiness and fear and.. The anticipation of so much more. My mind drifted back to our original deal as I gripped the railing; I had fourteen days and I had already used ten of them. I had four days.

I love him. I love Nate. I love a guy.

That made my stomach flip and my mind anxious. I felt like I had so many thoughts in my head, all buzzing at once. Did that make me gay? Did that make me bi? I must definitely be bi, I could never be with any guy other than Nate, that would be disgusting. But then again.. I had never tried any thing with anyone other than him. Not that we'd done a lot anyway.. I mean the most we did was make out a little.. I.. Ugh, I'm so confused, but I feel so giddy! I feel like im floating high in the sky on cloud nine, but at the same time I feel as though my feet have sunk under the cloud and my stomach has lept into my mouth.

I'm about to crash.

"Nate's ill!" I yelled, skidding into the kitchen. My brow scrunched at Evan who spun on his heel on the kitchen tile to glare at me, rather harshly actually. I then glanced at Alex, who was leaning against the sink, looking as bored as ever- but for some reason he looked rather guarded right now. "Uh, sup?" Evan's face narrowed at my voice, stepping closer. I noticed his hands scrunch into balls and lips purse into his mouth before he spoke.

"Why did you go upstairs?" He asked accusingly. I gulped, breath leaving mouth.

"To.. What? I went with Nat-"

"Yeah. But why?" He prodded, and I took a step back. My eyes then fell to the tall figure behind him, who was smirking deviously behind his mug. He felt my eyes and under the dark bangs that swept over them, I saw a twinkle in his eyes, that could only belong to someone who sinned like the devil himself.

"Elliot? Elliot!" Evan was infuriated now, snapping his fingers infront of my face. He huffed, marching past me.

"H-Hey, wait!" I called after him, leaving a scolding look for Alex that would hopefully burn him in hell. But by the looks of it, he'd probably enjoy that.

Evan stomped his way past the dining room onto the glossy floors of the hallway, grabbing the door and throwing it open and leaving it to nearly slam, not even waiting for me. "Evan! For Gods sake what the fuck is up with you?!" He didn't even flinch and instead quickened his pace. I didn't bother to try and keep the pace equal and instead ran infront of him and we haulted in the middle of the quiet street, my arms stretching infront him. His blue, crystal eyes burned ferociously with anger and he glared- God he glared, hard enough to make me take a double take of whether this way my brother or not.

"Bro, what- what is wrong with you?!" I exclaimed, dropping my hands. He let out a bitter laugh, shaking his head, but I nearly didn't notice the way his body had suddenly erupted into quakes.

"What is wrong with me?" He seethed, eyes flashing. For the first time in my life, I was actually quite scared of the situation. There was one time- one time I had seen Evan this angry, and he is a pretty chill guy. But why was he so riled up?

"What exactly the fuck is wrong with you, Elliot?! One day you're telling me you can't stand the guy, next you're following him like a damn lost puppy! Especially after KISSING him- I mean, well, he kissed you, did he not?" He was poking at me again, trying to squeeze the answers I didn't want to give. When I opened my mouth he raised his hand, shaking his head. "Elliot, I'm your brother. I'm your twin, goddammit! We share the same fucking face- we shared the same fucking bedroom for how long! I know your secrets as well as you know mine, yet, why do I get the feeling for the first time in my life that I don't know you at all? You're hiding secrets, your messing around- I'm your blood, Elliot! You don't even fucking trust me!" I winced at his accusing tone, my hands suddenly cold and clammy.