Moments spent with You (Ayaka/Lumine)

The streets of Ritou were busy and alive. Merchants from all over Teyvat had found their way to Inazuma, after years of national lockdown. Ships were coming and going, without end. Transports between Inazuman settlements, including the region's capital city, certainly had their hands full.

    Amongst the Inazuman citizens living their everyday lives, and the merchants working to earn their bread, the eldest daughter of the Kamisato Clan was also there to be found. To the people of Ritou, and Inazuma in general, it was not the most common sight.

    Yet here she was, along with her trusted housekeeper, Thoma.

    "Isn't it wonderful to see Ritou so lively, Thoma?" Ayaka asked uplifted, wearing a small, but bright smile.

    "It certainly is wonderful, milady. It also makes the grocery trips all the more worthwhile," spoke Thoma, smiling as optimistic as ever, still walking a close distant behind the Kamisato daughter.

    Three children skipped past the two, only stopping after they caught a glimpse of Ayaka. Seeming to be in awe, the children waved, blushing as they did.

    Ayaka gave them a sweet smile and waved back at them. The children stumbled over their words, which resulted in exciting exclaims, before they ran off in embarrassment.

    Thoma chuckled as he stepped to Ayaka's side. "Seems like your charms got them spooked!"

    "Thoma!" she nudged her friend in rebuttal.

    "Oh, my apologies!" he cleared his throat, looking away with haste. He could not bear to look at a pouting Ayaka, for otherwise he might have teased her even more. Over the years, Thoma had learned that an angry Ayaka is quite a scary sight, despite it being a rare one. He thought it smarter to avoid such an event.

    She gave a sudden, light chuckle. "You don't have to worry about it that much."

    Thoma scratched the back of his head, barely able to look her in the eyes still.

    "Besides," Ayaka spoke seriously. "You have yet to tell me what we are here for today."

    "Right, right," he took a small piece of paper from his pocket. "Let's see. It says we're going to need a small crate of lavender melons, some sea grass, a few bundles of naku weed and some imported lotus heads."

    "Alright, would you let me help you out? I would hate to see you handle all the groceries on your own," Ayaka pleaded.

    "Of course!" the Kamisato Clan's housekeeper wasted no time hesitating on her offer. He knew how much it meant to her to be contributing to the Clan. Especially the trivial tasks. To Thoma, it seemed like quite a charming trait to her personality. "Why don't you get the things on the bottom of the list?"

    "Sea grass, naku weed and lotus heads?"

    "Yes, you'll find all of those in the main market plaza. The sea grass might be near the docks, though," he explained carefully.

    "Got it!" she spoke excitedly, with her clenched fists held high.

    Thoma could not keep a smile from escaping; he barely even tried. "Once we've got everything, let's meet back here. Sound good?"

    After giving each other a small nod of understanding, the two split up in search for their groceries

———

"Ah! Lady Kamisato, what a pleasure seeing you today," spoke the friendly merchant, nearly breathless.

    "The same goes to you!" replied Ayaka, with an ever so bright smile.