Chapter 1: A New Life

Seven years had passed since the day the Fairies lost their light. During her funeral, Makarov and Gildarts told the guild the truth about their precious light and the pain she had endured for so long. The guild was in tears for a long time blaming themselves for not noticing, but deep down they all knew she was happy at long last. Keeping that in mind the guild moved on with their lives, happy to know that their light is their Guardian Fairy watching over them from the Heavens.

It is the seventh anniversary of the Guardian Fairy’s death. This day would normally be sad for the members of Fairy Tail, but how could anyone be sad when a new life is being born.

The guild was silent as all you could hear was the sound of a baby's cry.

In the infirmary stood the two new parents. “She’s an angel, Mira,” Laxus stated with his daughter in his arms. “She has your hair, Laxus, and my face,” Mira stated in awe. “Great Grandfather coming through!” Makarov made his way toward the new parents. “You wanna hold her gramps?” Laxus asked with a knowing smile. “Do I? Of course I do my boy! I am so proud of you Laxus! You’ve grown so much and I couldn’t be more proud!” Makarov cried while holding the baby. “What are you gonna name her?” He asked the couple. 

Mira gave Laxus a knowing look. Mira spoke. “Today is Lunar’s seventh death anniversary, so in honor of our Guardian Fairy… we decided to name her, Lucy Lunar Dreyer” Laxus finished with a look of pride. Makarov couldn’t stop the tears. 

“Welcome to the Fairy Tail, Lucy Lunar Dreyer.”