Stories

"They didn't." Celestia said in disbelief.

"No, they did." Splinter replied with a laugh.

The two adults were sitting on the roof of a nearby apartment building while eating their ice cream and exchanging hilarious stories from their lives. Splinter just told Celestia about the time his sons attempted to perform a skateboarding stunt inside.

"Michelangelo was about to jump over his brothers when I came in. However, he failed and crashed right into them." He explained, spooning some vanilla ice cream into his mouth.

"But did anyone get hurt?" Celestia asked, giving her strawberry cone a lick.

"No, but I grounded all four of them for a week. Unfortunately, that did not stop them from going out while I was asleep."

"And I assume they got into even more trouble?"

"In a way, yes. They also had to clean up the mess they made during their little escapades."

"That story almost reminds me of something that happened in my childhood. When I was very little, Luna and I attempted to bake a cake together. But the cake itself didn't turn out so well. It was misshapen, burned, and covered in gross frosting and scattered sprinkles. It was probably the ugliest thing I have ever seen, even if I didn't realize it at the time. I thought it was a great accomplishment when I was about six, but looking back on it now... it still makes me laugh and feel a little sick at the same time."

"Sick?"

"Yeah. Luna and I were either brave enough or too naïve to actually eat that cake and we both ended up bed ridden for days with terrible stomach aches."

Splinter laughed, Celestia giggled.

"You seem to be very close with your sister." Splinter commented.

"Yeah... but it wasn't always like that." Celestia admitted.

"What do you mean?"

"Well... when Luna and I were in school, it was kind of hard. We were born about three years apart, so when I was already a senior in high school, she was still a freshman. Not only was I the student-body president and valedictorian, I was also one of the most popular girls in school. But I didn't care about popularity or status; all I wanted was to help others and I was basically friends with almost everyone... which made Luna jealous."

Splinter froze at the word 'jealous'. Jealousy can make people do some pretty crazy things with even worse consequences.

Celestia continued. "Being the younger sister, I guess that was to be expected from her. She felt overshadowed by me because no matter what good thing she did, she felt it was nothing compared to what I did. Some students didn't even know Luna was my own sister and that only added to the situation. So instead of earning CHS's love and attention, she pushed for it."

"What did she do?"

"All sorts of bad things. Skipping class, bullying, loitering, picking fights; you name it, she did it. Almost overnight, Luna became the fiercest, scariest delinquent CHS had ever seen... which gave her the nickname: "Nightmare Moon". She even had a new look that matched; shorter dyed hair, dark makeup, black clothes, and even a piercing or two and a few temporary tattoos." She shuddered. "Still gives me a shiver. Anyway, I was so busy with other things that it took a while for me to realize her behavior. I eventually confronted her about it... and we had a huge fight. The whole thing was kind of a blur, but I remember a lot of yelling, shouting, and crying. But then I remember Luna charging towards me, us falling down, and everything fading to black. The next thing I knew, I was in the hospital with a broken arm and a minor concussion. My parents told me that Luna and I had fallen down the stairs during our fight; I was knocked unconscious and was in a coma for a day or two. Luna then came to me and apologized for what she did, but I apologized to her soon after for not being there for her and I promised to help her turn her life around. And that's exactly what we did. With a little help, Luna gained some new friends, joined a few clubs, and eventually she was pretty popular around school. And by the time I graduated, she was already planning her campaign for student-body president."