Seven.

Note: sorry for the short chapter lovely's! I have had exams and no time to write so sorry if this seems rushed!!
.
The next morning was quite like the others, we got up, I made breakfast, and then we ate. Everyone seemed tired though. Was it due to the rain? Probably. Rain and Copia didn't seem to be effected at all by this cozy weather.

I had noticed that I was hitting my head on the doorframes more often; I must be too tired to pay any attention today. The rain was my enemy when it came to productivity, which was at an all time zero.

All I could do were small little tasks but anything else and I would be begging to go to sleep right after. After all, water over fire or whatever.

I was sitting on my bed, reading, when the sliding door slid open to reveal a tired looking ghoul. One I hadn't really thought would've been this tired, Aether. He looked absolutely out of it as if he could just fall asleep at any moment.

"Aeth, you look tired" I commented on his current appearance. "Shouldn't you go to bed?"

He nodded, but closed the door behind him as he came closer to me. "I just wanted to thank you again for coming for me and Dew the other day" he yawned.

"Well it's my duty as the oldest to take care of you isn't it?" I chuckled, patting the empty place next to me on my bed.

Aether gladly sat down next to me, looking at the book I was holding in my hands. He couldn't quite keep his head from sinking in from the tiredness that overwhelmed his body. The quintessence ghoul placed his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes.

"Do you mind if I just.. take a nap" he politely asked, but before I could even respond, I was met with snoring.

How cute. Once again a ghoul fell asleep on me. Was it because of the body temperature Swiss always talks about? Or was Aether just that tired? It didn't quite matter. What mattered was that he got his well deserved rest and I got to read in peace with a ghoul on my shoulder. The best way to do things. This amazing situation would be complete if there was just one more person here with us..

.

..

...

Sadly nobody came through the door to humour my thoughts. At least Dewdrop or Swiss, but literally nobody came, not even the other ghuleh slid the door open again. How odd. It's was quiet, too quiet. I couldn't really yell for anyone, because that would surely wake Aether up, but this silence was killing me.

Like I had never heard a silence so loud. It was practically piercing my ears at this and no, not the good kind of piercing. Like I wanted to just cry kind of piercing.

I could hear every tiny sound going on in this bus, from the wheels rolling on the highway to the electrical sockets buzzing away like bees. It was so overwhelming to be in a place this silent. Aether's snoring was also still a huge sound I could hear, but my brain almost fully had blocked it out.

How had I not noticed how loud everything was before? Was I just too invested in my book to notice? Either way I want that back now, I can't focus with all this sound. It's tiring as fuck. Now I want to sleep or cry, both work. I can't tell which one will happen first though. Aether seems to be enjoying his well deserved rest.. maybe I should too.

And after that I fell asleep. Don't know how I managed it but I did and I was happy I did.

When I woke up, I realized the weight on my shoulder was no longer there but was replaced with weight on my chest. I guess while I was sleeping we sort of switched positions to where Aether was now on top of me with his head on my chest. Literally going to die from this cuteness.