awful smells and hotels

You felt awful, you had been taken in for questioning which was understandable, you were the last known person he saw. But it still hurt you would never do anything to him.. He was your best friend.

They said they weren't going to investigate you any further. That had you relax a bit. Again you didn't know if they believed you or not but you couldn't tell them the truth other he would go after your family... Was moving out the right thing to do? Would it really keep him away from them? You had no idea and you hated it you hated him.

You didn't understand why this man was harassing you, but you wanted him to stop. You didn't want anyone else to end up like Charlie.

---------

Alex had called you and said he wanted you to cook supper for him and mom. You you agreed being the awesome older brother you were and told you'd be over in an hour.

So you got your shit together and headed outside. Maybe you forgot something but you couldn't remember if you did and you were like already halfway there you weren't going to walk all the way back.

The walk there was calm and silent though, you couldn't shake the feeling something bad was about to happen. You ignored your gut telling you to turn away and decided to speed up and at some point you were running. Into the back yard and up the porch. You flung the door open and the awful smell of copper hit you.

You knew what it was.. The house was dark and you could hear faint sobbing. From upstairs? You went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife and headed upstairs.

"Alex?" You called out to him in a shaky voice it was Alex's crying no doubt. Was he hurt?

The crying stopped for a second before it was louder. You busted into the room and saw Alex and your dead mother it looked like for stomach had been opened and her organs were taken out.

You there up and tears streamed down your face. "Oh Alex I'm so sorry." You wiped your mouth and scooped him up.

You took him out of the room. And set him on the couch. "What happened?"

He only shook his head and covered his eyes.

"Its okay I'm here now im going to protect you.." you said while petting his head and you lied down beside him and hugged him. Your not letting go of him. If your mother was gone that mean he would be next. You had to do anything in your power to protect him.

"There was a man..." He started. "He was tall and had a wried mask on.. He made me watch... Him take out her organs... It was so awful.." He said sniffling the whole time.

---------
You had called the police and they were probably more suspicious of you now. They said you and Alex were going to be taken in tomorrow.

Alex would most likely expose the existence of that man and if they were smart they would tie it back to the recent murder of Charlie. Who was also close to you. You were probably there prim suspect at the moment.

If you did confirm he was the one who had killed Charlie... You could probably be put under a witness protection program and get away from him. You doubt he'd be able to find you after that. Show them the eyes. Though they might take it as you killing him... Please don't take Alex away from me..

---------
"I know you guys think I've killed them and I swear I haven't. I'm assuming Alex already told you there was a man there..?" You said trying to sound confident but failing.

"Yes he said there was, a man in a mask? Do you know anything about that?" The man infront of you looked totally emotionless.

"Well I don't really know anything about him but, I know he killed Charlie and I have... Evidence.. No well I have something. I wasn't told his eyes were taken from his body but I have them. His eyes I mean."

"You do realize how suspicious you look telling me that right?" He questioned you.

"I know but I just want to get away from him... The eyes are in a shoe box under my bed. But I'm not going back to my apartment."

"I'll send someone over. Has anything else happened between you and this man? Do you know who he might be?"

"Well he um.. He chased me and uh stabbed me I think he's broken into my moms house multiple times but I'm not to sure... And I don't think its anyone I know.."

"Despite all of what you and Alex said about there being a masked man, do you think Alex could've done this?"

You almost wanted to laugh, Alex? The harmless boy how would cry if he hurt anyone, even if it was an accident. Definitely not.

"There's no possible way it could've been him." You sate firmly. The man hums and stands up.

"Your not off the case and are still a prim suspect, but you will be sent to a hotel while the clean up happens though the hotel room you stay in will have many cameras and you will stay under close watch until the case is solved." You nodded in response, and he left the room.

You stayed seated and held your head in your hands. Why did any of this have to happen..? Why didn't he just kill you and be done with it? Why take what you love? Would Alex be next? Wait what was going to happen to Alex would he be coming to the hotel with you?? You would have to ask as soon as someone came to escort you to the car.

--------
Alex would be staying with you until further notice, they confirmed everything for you in the car. You were still confused as to why all this shit was happening but you didn't want to think right now. It hurts to think. It definitely did not hurt as much as your stab wound though. You should get it checked out soon you didn't know if you did a good enough job at cleaning it.

Also what would happen to the house? Would you inherit it, or would it just go to your father? They never did get divorced they didn't have the money to. That would be logical though you didn't know if anything was on his records would they know? You might have to explain it to them..