23

She cleans up her mess, and goes to bed satisfied with her experiment. The next morning, there is an envelope in her mailbox. In it are 2 keycards, one for the gym and the other for the spa. There is also a welcome letter. The last thing is a new member handbook. She puts everything in her bag and goes to work. Her boss asks her out for drinks after work, this time she accepts. She has a sneaking suspicion that he is the masked man from her interview, and wants to find out. At the end of the day they leave together and go to the bar around the corner from the office. They find a booth and sit down. He goes and orders them drinks. When he returns, she asks him about Mystified. He gives her the general public description, which she knows is only what they want people to see. He asks her why. She tells him that she is becoming a member, that her initiation is Friday. He asks her, so you know the whole truth. Yes. He asks how she feels about it. She says that she is honestly a little excited and turned on by it all. And that she wished she knew the identity of the masked man from her interview, because his voice sounded like someone she knows. He gets up to go get drinks for them. When he returns, she asks him if he had invited her to the masquerade ball hoping that she would be invited to join. He doesn't answer her right away. Finally, just as she was starting to think that he really wasn't going to answer, he tells her it is true, but not because he thought that she was a slit or a whore, but because of her raw beauty, her strong personality, her vibrant aura, and how open minded she was. She doesn't want to push too far but she has to know. It was you wasn't it? She asks him.