The Encounter

I felt something poke me. I tried to ignore it. Another poke. I opened my eyes to see two long, white ears and a very long branch poking out of a bush. I've seen ears like this, but not this big. Not this long. I slowly stood up. I crept over to the bush. I heard a squeak, and the thing ran away. I chased it, my heart pounding with the excitement of a potential kill.

No.

A certain kill.

I caught up with the thing rather quickly. But something stopped me as I closed in for the inevitable kill. The thing I was chasing looked like a human female, but it had long, white ears and a small, fluffy tail.

What the...

She fell to the ground, letting out another squeak. I slowed to a stop. I just stared at her now, confused as to what she was. Not a human, but also not a rabbit. Something in the middle. Kind of like me. I crept closer, reaching out a claw to touch it. She closed her eyes, preparing for the end.

But it didn't come. I gently ran my claw up her back, mesmerized by the softness of her skin. My skin is like that. In some places. I played with her long hair for a moment before running my claw gently down her cheek. And my word did those lips look perfect. I let out a sound I'd never made before. A low, deep purr. Suddenly, I...

...didn't...want to kill?

What was I feeling? Whatever it was, it felt good. It felt right. She opened her eyes. Her soft cheeks turned pink.

I creeped closer. Her big, blue eyes stared into my yellow ones. "Do you know why I'm feeling so warm and fuzzy?" I asked. "Y-yes..." she stuttered. "Y-you're in love..."

What?

"Can you show me what that is?" I asked. "I don't know what that is."

In response, she pressed her lips against mine, just for a moment.

"Do that again," I demanded.

So she did, longer this time. "More."

This time, I felt my tongue lazily slip out of my maw and into her mouth.

Whatever we were doing, it felt good.

And right.