{Chapter 6}

"You really should let us approve of that bathing suit," Dylan says.

"If you think I'm trying it on for you, you are delusional," I roll my eyes.

"Try it on!" he commands.

"You realize you're not really my father, right?" I quirk an eyebrow as I walk away from the store.

"I demand you try it on," he says in a false authoritative voice.

"You aren't a king either," I call, walking ahead of them.

"Where are you going?" Blake shouts drawing the attention of many bystanders.

"To the food court. Duh," I nod ahead of me.

"Finally," I here Nolan groan as they catch up to me.

"You could have gone whenever you liked," I laugh.

"Dylan wouldn't let me," he sighs.

"Dylan, you aren't his father either," I scold.

"You're right. I'm his mother," Dylan pretends to flip his hair over his shoulder.

"There is something wrong with your brain," Blake mutters as we arrive at the food court.

"Are you going to get pizza? Again?" Blake raises an eyebrow.

"No...I'm going to get French fries," I say and head over to the Chick-fil-a which is one of my favorite fast food places. When I turn around, they're still behind me. They're like my own little person pack of bodyguards.

"Why are you still here? Go get something to eat," I point to the rest of the food court.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Blake asks.

"I'm pretty sure I'll be fine if you aren't breathing down my neck," I roll my eyes.

"Cool," he says and everyone leaves but Aaron.

"That means you too," I stare at him.

"I actually want Chick-fil-a," he says sheepishly.

"Oh," I shrug.

I order my fries and just to be polite, wait for him while he orders. When he's finished, we walk, trying to find the rest of our friends.

"Don't you want anything else?" he asks, nodding at the fries.

"No," I shake my head.

"Why?" he asks, clearly confused.

"Do you see anyone we know?" I change the subject.

"Yeah, Atlanta and her friends are over there. And I think that's Blake," Aaron points over to them with his free hand.

We start walking in their direction. Blake, Dylan, Jack, and Nolan sit at a table close to Atlanta and Stacey but not with them. Aaron takes a seat next to Jack and motions for me to sit on the end with him and Blake on either side of me.

"So why nothing else?" Aaron repeats his question from earlier.

I inwardly groan. This was one of my least favorite things to talk about. I hated it. It took forever to explain because people just can't wrap their heads around it.

"I, um, don't exactly eat meat," I duck my head.

No one says anything for a second.

"What do you mean 'exactly'?" Dylan asks putting air quotes around exactly.

"I don't eat any type of meat," I sigh.

"Ever?" Blake's eyes are huge.

"Ever," I nod.