Chapter Four

Two hours, it's been two hours already!

I paced restlessly around the drip stand that was previously connected to my arm.

My eyes kept glancing at the digital wall clock in front of me which read 4:10 pm.

Didn't they find him? Or did they take him to an amusement park? Okay, that might not be the case but where are they?

The sound of the door opening filtered into my ears, and I snapped my neck towards it.

My eyes met those of Doctor Flourish, and my shoulders sagged back down in disappointment.

"I came to check on you. Why are you up?" She asked, walking towards me.

"I can't seem to relax, they should have been here by now," I replied anxiously.

"Be calm, I have faith they'll be here soon." She comforted me.

However, I felt a bad feeling cloak me instead of comfort.

"Is it possible to go out of this room for some fresh air? I feel like I'm suffocating in here." I asked, feeling a little breathless.

"Sure, follow me." With those words, she led me out of the room and into the hallway.

We walked down the long hallway that had a few patients and nurses lingering on it, till we got to an open waiting area.

"Just sit here for a while, I'll be right back." She said with a small smile.

I nodded as I felt like I could finally breathe again. I sat on one of the chairs and watched doctor Flourish's retreating frame.

"Hey, you good?" I turned sideways to the source of the voice.

My dull brown eyes met a pair of eyes that were as blue as the sky.

"Are you here to see a doctor?" He asked.

"No, I'm waiting for news from some people," I said softly.

At that moment, I saw Mr. Jones and Miss Ellie walking in my direction. Strength and hope surged through me, and I rushed forward.

"Did you find my brother? Where is he?" I queried the second I go to where they were.

"We didn't find anyone in the house, Laila. Doesn't seem like anyone has been there at all today." Mr. Jones replied.

My heart sunk to the bottom, and tears threatened to spill from my eyes. My mind was clouded with several thoughts of what could have happened.

"You need rest, you-"

"No" I interrupted Miss Ellie sharply. "What I need is to clear my head, not rest."

"But-"

"Please don't stop me. This isn't the first time I've been beaten to the brink of death." I shut my eyes as the memories of the past flooded my brain.

"I agree that it was a little worse this time, but I can handle it. I just need to go breathe a little fresh air before I lose my mind." I added resignedly.

I walked past them, and luckily, neither stopped me this time. As I stepped out of the hospital, I inhaled the air and exhaled.

I had only taken a step when I recalled the very vital information I should have remembered hours ago.

My eyes widened as I hurriedly hailed a cab on the road and got in.

_____

CeeJhay Walker

C.J.W