Chapter Five

Please be safe, please be safe.

Soon, the cab dropped me by the very house I was banned from going to since I was 5.

I slowly walked to the door. On reaching it, I twisted the handle, hoping to meet some resistance, but it opened freely. Too freely.

I walked in, my fast-beating heart almost jumping out of my chest.

"Grandma?" I called out.

"Grandma are you back home from the holidays?" I called out again

My voice was met with silence yet again. My shoulders sagged as I was met with disappointment once again.

I guess they went far away.

It was at that moment, however, that the slightly opened bathroom door by the side of the living room caught my eye.

That's weird.

I got closer, and the closer I moved towards it, the more clearly I could hear the sound of running water.

I pushed the door and got in. I never expected the sight my eyes met. I could feel my heart falling into a deeper place than oblivion.

Tears threatened to spill as I couldn't tear my eyes away from the scene before me.

On the floor was the man whom I had called father. He had a knife stuck deep in his chest, and his eyes were wide open, but that wasn't what bothered me.

What bothered me was the little boy in the blood-filled bathtub. What bothered me was that he had his eyes closed.

I rushed forward and reached for his neck to feel his pulse with my hands. His neck felt so cold, it felt real ice cold. As for the pulse, I felt nothing.

I feel nothing...

I yelled in anguish. I cried for the only source of joy I had. This couldn't be possible, why would fate be so cruel?

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing out of my eyes as I held his body in my arms.

No, I won't let you be alone.

I reached for the knife in my father's chest and pulled it out. I got up and entered the bathtub.

Settling down in it, I pulled my brother's body to mine. Slowly, I ran the knife down my wrist and arms.

Ignoring the pain I felt, I added a new line to the previous ones that had almost cleared up.

Satisfied, I laid down comfortably and held on to the only source of joy I've ever known.

Your big sister will forever be with you. Hold on for me.

I could feel it coming, I could feel the light dizziness and darkness reaching for me once again.

Instead of fighting it this time, I reached back for it with open arms.

"Laila!" I heard my name right before it fully engulfed me.

Who? Who was that?

However, I was too far gone to tell who called. Could it be...

_____

~AN ~
Yo! We've reached the end, how was the story? Don't forget to vote for the chapters.

Gracias for reading,

I remain yours truly,

CeeJhay Walker

C.J.W