Prologue

Hi! this is TakingItBack, and this is what happens when you get two bored, fangirly people together! This contemplation is written by my idiotic self and the writing epicness of Dark_Monster001.

This is a Infernal Devices fanfiction with a good bit of OC tossed in.

And no, the shadow hunter series does not belong to us or else there would be way more Magnus in the legitimate series.

Enjoy!

*#%*-&@&-%&+;':-@:*-'-;*@*,;@

Kanin's younger sister Monika, screeched on his shoulders as they bounded through the frozen forest. Clutch to his neck she screamed again, her yelps high with 8 year old youth. Monikas voice jolted high and low as they lept over the logs and shrubs.

"K-Kay, st-t-top-p-p!"

Kanin halted at the edge of the Tir Na Nog, the border of the ice forest leading to a steep drop into an icy sea below. Throwing on a playful grin, he lifted his sibling off of his shoulders.

"Is this the correct place of departure, Monika?"

Monika giggled as he set her to the ground, her small bare feet landed soundlessly on the ice.

"Kay, why do you talk so weird? You're such a strange brother!"

Kanin tipped his head back and laughed, an all encompassing sound of chimes, bells, blizzard wind, and the grinding of tectonic plates. 

Monika purses her lips and plants her hands on her hips, letting out an ice crunching stomp.

"Not funny Kay. I was being ser-ri-ous."

Her brother smiled and bent down, he ruffled her midnight hair with his pale fingers. Monika giggled and grabbed her brothers hand. She pulled him towards the edge of the ravine.

"Come on! Come on, I need to show you show something!"

Chuckling, Kanin followed her to the ledge. His sister started to jump up and down, bits of ice and rock cascaded into the white capped torrent below. Monika tugged on his shirt.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

Kanin nodded and bent down so that her lips were next to his ear. Her voice grew cold as she she whispered.

"I really, really want that crown."

At her older brothers momentary confusion, Monika pulled out a nail gun. The handle of the device was carefully electric tapped so that the metal didn't burn her skin.

She fired nails through his kneecaps, shoulders, and hands, his flesh searing around the iron spears. Monika rolled her eyes at her brother as she proceeded to pull a screwdriver out of her gown.

"Don't look so surprised Kay. I mean, come on, you didn't just expect me to just give you the throne. Please tell me that you aren't that dumb, brother."

She spit the word out as if it was poison. Kanin started to rise, his crystalline eyes as hard as the metal burning through his flesh. Monika clicked her tongue and lifted the nail gun.

"Bad doggie, when I ask you to sit, you sit."

At that, the eight year old launched three more smoldering projectiles into her brothers' torso. Kanin still attempted to stand. Monika's perfectly white teeth clenched.

"Damnit Kay! Just stay down! Don't you know when to give up!"

She fired the nail gun until it clicked empty. Smoking, Kanin stood, permafrost creeping up his skin like a frozen, gittering serpent. His eyes were metallic disks, devoid of color, devoid of feeling. His voice rung of nightmares.

"Dearest sister, cease this foolish conduct immediately, or else I shall be forced to use less friendly measures."

His sister laughed,

"Oh really? Not to point out the obvious brother, but you would rather rip off a limb than hurt a family member. You don't have it in you."

Her brother nodded in agreement,

"Yes, you are correct on some accounts. Somethings I would prefer to not slay,"

Monika smirked, Kanin continued,

"But Monika, have you ever met a wild beast of which you were positive would not bite?"

    Worry suddenly bubbled through Monika's blood. Kanins' smile became demonic in nature.

    "Because I haven't."

    With that, Kanin grabbed his sisters throat, her feet kicked in the air and her screwdriver carved relentless searing burns through her brothers arms.

    Grinning, Kanin slammed his sister so hard into the ice that the whole entire outcrop tumbled into the sea, and the children of the Seelie court plummeted with it.