Chapter 6: Smug

Inside one of the private hospital rooms, Yoona was sitting weakly in bed. Just the thought of being able to humiliate Y/N in a moment made her eyes twinkle.
Never in her wildest dreams had she thought Y/N would be so stupid as to take on all the blame. Not only did she increase Yoona's worth, but she also helped her secure the spokesperson deal with HF.

"Yoona, Y/N is almost here. When she arrives the cameras will turn on and you will be broadcasted live for 3 minutes. In a moment I am going to ask the doctor to come in to change your bandages. At the same time, I'm going to make Y/N wash your feet..."

"The day has finally arrived..." Yoona exclaimed - she had been overshadowed by Y/N for so long. From this point on, she vowed to only keep climbing higher and higher. She was going to step all over her, take Jungkook from her and become the first lady of GC.

"From now on, things will only get better for you. Plus, the Annual Top Ten Model Awards are about to make their selection, I'm sure you will be selected. At that time...you will be one step closer to becoming a top model."

Yoona slowly exposed traces of a smile, this was better than anything she had ever dreamed of. With everything going her way, her arrogance began to grow...
The hospital gave off its usual unpleasant smell. Y/N entered the hospital, escorted by Yoona's assistant, she was all alone without a single assistant of her own to support her.

After finding Yoona's room, Y/N could see Yoona's assistant guarding the door. This was the man that claimed she made all the decisions on her own on the day of the show.

He had thrown all the blame on her.

"You're here," he said as he looked her up and down snobbishly; he was deliberately trying to make things difficult for Y/N, "Just wait here, Yoona is still resting."

Y/N lifted up her handbag with her two hands and looked Yoona's assistant straight in the eyes. With a slow and gentle voice, she asked, "Do you know my surname?"
"Nonsense! Who doesn't know your surname is Lee?"

"Since you know my family name is Lee, then you should be aware of my background. How dare a little assistant like you act arrogantly in front of me."

"I..."

"Is that Y/N? Please come in." Yoona heard her voice outside and felt disappointed at her assistant's stupidity. If he wanted to go against Y/N, this was not the right way. After all, she still had the Lee family behind her (even though they no longer paid as much attention to her as they once did when she was still famous).

Y/N held her head high and walked into the room ignoring the angry assistant. Seeing Yoona sitting on the bed acting pitiful with one injured leg, she smiled, "Yoona, are you ok?"

Y/N knew Yoona had intentionally hurt her own leg in order to prevent Jungkook from getting married - this woman is so ruthless.

"I heard from President Jeon that we are to film a 3-minute live broadcast, is that right? Y/N, we are like sisters, I'm more than willing to help you with this favor so you can redeem yourself in front of the public."

Y/N hesitated for a moment. She couldn't believe how shameless Yoona was - she was almost on the same level as Jungkook. The truth behind the substitution incident was known between the three of them, yet Yoona acted as if nothing had happened.

Y/N looked a little upset as she said in an angry tone, "I only came to visit you..."

"You really don't need to be polite..."

"That's right, we've already prepared a scene for you. In a moment, the doctor will come in to change Yoona's bandages. At that time, in order to highlight your sincerity, we have arranged for you to wash Yoona's feet. That way the public will see how sorry you are."