Chapter 93: Termination

The next morning, the entertainment news was doing a live broadcast of the spectacle at Incheon airport. TV broadcasters were at the scene reporting live.

"I'm afraid this is the first time I've seen such a scene, not only in my entire career - but in my entire life. A huge number of fans have gathered here today, not because they like someone, but because they dislike them."

"We can see live at the scene, plenty of banners and signs; they are all trying to express anger towards the model, Y/N.",

After speaking, the reporter looked down at her watch before looking up again, "From what we know, Y/N's flight will be arriving at 10am, which is less than 20 minutes from now. Right now, the airport is urgently preparing security. On behalf of all the reporters present, I hope Y/N will be able to get out safely without getting hurt."

After seeing the news, Mina lifted the remote and turned off the TV. She then turned to look at Y/N. She was currently standing beside the square dining table pruning some flowers.

"I've already organized for the lawyers to send out your contract termination letter. I am assuming, at this time, it has arrived in Jennie's hands," Mina said.

Y/N remained silent as she continued what she was doing.

"Y/N...did you know last night, I looked through all the abuse online? Do you know how upset I was? Look! my eyes are swollen from crying..." Mina sulked as she pointed to her walnut-shaped eyes.

"You deserve it," She replied calmly.

"Didn't I do this all because of you? You sure stand out from the rest. While other people's fans are waiting at the airport to greet them and serenade their love for them, look at your fans - they are holding banners telling you to get lost, demanding for you to apologize and cursing you to die..."

"It seems, after this battle, my name will go down in the history books," Y/N continued to prune the roses in her hands before arranging them beautifully in a glass vase.

She could guess what Mina was trying to do; she was simply trying to check on her emotions.

After all the ups and downs she had already been through, she honestly did not care about the damage caused by rumors anymore. Once upon a time, she endured the pain - these days, she simply did not care.

At this time, Mina decided to change the topic and talk about something more uplifting. However, Y/N suddenly received a phone call from Jennie.

After seeing the caller ID, Mina asked Y/N if she wanted to pick up. She put down the scissors in her hand and answered.

"Have you already returned?" Jennie asked. She knew, if Y/N was still on the plane, there was no way she'd be able to pick up the phone.

Jennie had just received Y/N's contract termination letter, so she assumed Y/N was already back in the country. This was expected of her; as if she would give anti-fans the opportunity to surround and obstruct her.

"I got back last night!" Y/N replied calmly without trying to hide anything.

The two people who had once played a long game of tug-of-war, under such circumstances, unexpectedly conversed calmer than usual.

If from the start, Jennie had not decided to classify their relationship as one between a higher level and lower level - if they were simply friends - perhaps, they would have never gotten to the point where they were today.

"I've received your contract termination letter..." Jennie looked over the letter again; she had mixed feelings. Actually, she did not know what she should say to Y/N at this moment. But, as the CEO, she had the responsibility of expressing the agency's standpoint, "Y/N, are you aware that you've caused HYPE to suffer a huge loss?"