Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Madison

I woke up the next morning feeling dead. I didn't want to go to work, as I would have to see Alex, and I prayed that Louis wouldn't show up. His face was the last thing I wanted to see right now.

I took a quick shower and tied back my hair. I put on my work clothes and dabbed on my concealer for my wounds. I stared at the mirror and tried to smile. It pained me.

I got in the car and plugged in my iPod. I didn't turn it on, since 90% of my songs were One Direction. I didn't think I'd be able to listen to them anymore.

Instead I glared straight ahead. It wasn't hard to conjure up some hate towards Louis, even though I was the one that had pushed him harder, asked for more. He just had to make those weird comments, just had to look so damn sexy next to the pool....

I nearly slammed onto the brakes. I just swore! I just swore! And I never swore! I hated this, I hated this, I hated this....

I pulled up to the parking lot and erased the scowl on my face. I tried to look cheery, but it was really hard. I sighed, grabbed my purse and iPod, and went inside the parlor.

Alex was there already, and when he looked up and saw me, a huge grin split his face. I sighed again and tried to ignore him.

Don't get me wrong, Alex was a good-looking guy. He looked a lot like Taylor Lautner, but his eyes were a bit bigger, like Ash's. A lot of girls fell for him, so he used it to his advantage, if you know what I mean.

I went behind the counter and made sure to tuck my iPod into my pocket safely before pushing my purse under the ledge.

"Hey, Maddy," Alex purred. I forced a smile. "Hey, Alex," I replied and tried to mind my own business.

He put an arm around my waist, I moved away from him. He put a hand on my arm, I moved my arm. He even tried to put an arm around my shoulders, I scooted away. At this rate, I'd be on the other side of the counter in two minutes.

The bell rang as someone came in. Alex moved away to the cash register, and I breathed a small sigh of relief. I smiled at the customer. It wasn't really forced.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I asked.

He tutted. "For shame, Maddy," he scolded. "I thought you knew this was an ice cream parlor."

I sighed again as I recognized who it was. "How are you, Harry?" I asked.

He flipped off his hood and took off his sunglasses, revealing his mop of dark curls and bright green eyes. He gave me his signature cheeky smile. "Fine, thanks," he said.

Alex shot him a look. "Why don't you get some strawberry ice cream, Alex?" I suggested. "I see that we're running out." He nodded stiffly, shot Harry another glare, and left.

"What's his problem?" Harry asked.

"Nothing really," I said. "He just feels the need to flirt with me, and scares off every boy that comes close."

He chuckled. "Don't worry, Maddy," he said cheekily. "I won't flirt with you. You're all Louis'."

I scowled and turned away. "What flavor?" I asked.

"Actually, I needed to talk to you," he said. I rolled my eyes. "Why doesn't that surprise me?" I asked sarcastically.

He chuckled again, but then he got serious. "Louis' upset," he said. I narrowed my eyes. "He wouldn't come out of his room after he got back. He refused to talk to us. So, what happened?"