The Future of The New Student (Authors note)

Hey it's been awhile. Let's talk.

I have always thought of discontinuing this book because I lost motivation but I have seen this book has just got 10k reads and i know i can't just stop it.

So if I can't discontinue it I have got to change it up a bit where I find that I can put an ending to it and it fits well to me to continue writing for it

Here is some things I have noticed where I didnt like how I wrote it. This book is officially a year old now.

1. Jef and Good's Relationship

I have seen some people say that they don't like when people make Jef weak or can't do anything without Goods help. He can still get bullied but he doesn't always have to run away or depend on someone else for help. He can still try to fight even if he probably can't fight well.

I have realized that that is just how I made Jef act in my book. Yeah he is a wholesome character but he always depended on Good whenever he was in trouble. He couldve got in a fight with Nightmare but he didn't. I could add that maybe is too scared to because of what he knows Nightmare is capable of but we'll see. I also saw it was kinda cliche for Jef to end everything with Good after one misunderstanding but idrk.

2. Nightmare

What I noticed is that I made Nightmare act like some cringy yandere JD ripoff. I did say I got inspired from him to make Nightmare during Nightmare and the Daydream but I noticed it was kinda annoying that he was always so obsessed with him. He literally killed Jefs friends because he only wanted Jef to talk only to him. If I want him to be an obsessed power hungry manipulative character I can always do some research on characters who already act like that to get tips on how to better write his character.

Also from other people, some portray Nightmare/Reality as a sweet person because c!Dream (Dream SMP character) is a real bad person. I can see that and in love with the idea. I kinda want to add it but I already did a shit ton with Nightmare being evil that it's hard to work around that. I also really dont want to redeem him so he becomes Reality even if that is the best choice. Some villains are better off dying evil.

I honestly don't know why I shipped him with Jef. I think I only did that so I could have easy conflict.

Anyways that seems to be my only main changes I want to change to the book so I can be able to continue it.

I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas of change and if you have any add ons to my changes. I am open to just about anything ^^

Anyways Lucien out <3