[prologue]

hello everyone, this is my second try at this story, and I hope it's good :')

Warnings: Gore[?]

-----------------------------------------------

Steve's POV:

July 4th, 1985

------------------------------------------------

All I can hear is screaming.

All I can see are the tears in my eyes.

All I can feel is my heart shattering.

I start running down the stairs of the big StarCourt mall. Billy fell. Max ran to his side. Right now she was being cradled into El's arms. Sobbing. I fall to my knees next to him. I grab his wrist and try to feel for a pulse.

Bump. Bump. Bump.

He still has a pulse. "He still has a pulse! We gotta get him out of here!" I get off my knees and try to pick him up. I pick him up bridal style and start getting out of the mall as fast as I can. I start hearing sirens. Everyone's following behind me now. Running as fast as they can.

We get out of the mall and police and firefighters start rushing to us. "He needs immediate help!" I hand him off and they take him to an ambulance. Robin's by my side, walking farther from the mall with me. Everyone getting to where they need too.

I see will getting hugged by his mom. El getting hugged by Hopper. I had tears falling down my face. Knowing my parents won't even care that this happened to me. That I was caught up in a "mall fire". They'd never ask. They'd never care. But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is if the kids are ok. If Billy's ok.

Me and Robin are sitting on the ground next to a firetruck. I have my knees tucked to my chest and my arms crossed on them with my head down. I try to stop the tears. But they keep falling. Robin was comforting me. I should be the one comforting her. Not the other way around. She's only learning this all in one day. This is traumatizing shit. "Hey, Steve. It's gonna be okay, okay? It's gonna be okay. Everyone's gonna come out just fine, I promise . . . " She tries to reassure me.

"No it's not Robbie . . . This is all so fucked up . . . You shouldn't have been wrapped up in all o' this!" I sobbed. "I should be the one comforting you . . . I'm used to this, you aren't . . . "

"Steve. You have every right to be upset okay? You're comforting me by letting me comfort you. You're my best friend okay? I hate seeing you upset . . . " She hugged me.

"Thanks, Robbie . . . " I whisper to her.

Little did we know . . .

This was just the beginning . . .

------------------------------------------------

A/N:
Words: 440

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter if you're reading it for the first time, or reading this as the rewrite. Me, personally, think this is better than the first one already--- so--- Anyway, I hope you're all having a fantastic day/night!!! I love you all!!!

Love,

Eddie[Eds] <3