Chapter Two

ACT ONE  /  CHAPTER TWO
" Stolen Luggage !! "
_____________________________________

         She couldn't pinpoint the exact moment when she fell asleep, but Nia could tell it was a while ago from the drowsiness she was feeling as she sat up on the plane.

They had stopped somewhere in southern Florida, Nia couldn't keep track, then got on another flight straight to Punta Cana. She did her best to not think about the jet lag this was going to cause her.

The random meals she didn't even feel like eating, the timezone switches — she didn't even want to know what time or day it was right now because she'd feel confused.

All she knew was that this airplane suite was comfortable, and the amount of naps taken in this bed was all that was saving her.

It wasn't until that was interrupted that they had finally landed.

"We're here!" Hailey screamed in excitement, stepping out of their car they got into at the airport, and onto the pavement in front of where they were staying.

They all flooded out of the vehicles and looked around in amazement at the cutest hotel imaginable.

It had white walls, surrounded by palm trees and other greenery. The resort they were staying in consisted of multiple small buildings around each other as one hotel. Some guests stayed on the docks near the water.

Nia was silent as Hailey helped everyone figure out where to go for their stay. Jayda and her girlfriend stand next to her as they watch Hailey do what she does best; boss everyone around.

Angela and Kayla left for their room, and all that was left was the four girls. Oh... and Trent and Jude talking as they grab our bags.

But Nia was doing everything to not even look in the man's direction. She'd stutter over her words just over an introduction. Stalling to interact with him was her move for now.

Hailey turned to Nia and held her hand out, "Here's your key."

She dropped it in her friend's palm and grabbed her backpack from the floor, "Agh! Are you guys ready for the best time ever?"

Jayda and Nia laughed at Hailey's excitement. Makiya began jumping up and down and pulled them all into a group hug.

"So excited!" They all laughed at Makiya's squeal and started celebrating in their mini-circle. Nia's grin was so big, that she could barely feel her face.

At that point, Trent and Jude had already brought everyone's bags to the doors of their respective rooms.

"It's currently 4:30," Hailey begins, pointing at the girls around her. "Dinner is at 6:30. Don't be late!"

Jayda and Nia make eye contact and snicker. They knew Hailey too well and this was how she was on every trip.

Makiya raised her hand as if she needed permission to speak. "We're eating at the place you pointed to on the way here? Across the pathway?"

Hailey nodded, "Yeah, it's not hard to miss. Jayda knows on her map."

The three of them nod and Hailey sighs in content, "I'll see you guys soon!"