Chapter 4

She heaved desperately, clutching and clawing at her plump chest, hoping to ease some of the stabbing pain her windpipe was under, she scurried backward, laying her back onto a sturdy but cold rock, she focused on her breathing, desiring with every cell of her being to disregard the demon that was marching towards her, "You're still running", The Demon spoke as it came once more into view, The Demon was notably tall, with a muscular and young physique that was apparent even through his clads of clothes, he had striking silver hair that he had parted to his left, his skin was pale as a corpse, but it looked clean and soft, the most unique feature this demon had though, was the pastel rainbow colors that spiraled inside of his eye socket, and inside the very same irises that supported the beautiful colors, stood the writing, 'Upper Moon', She knew that she was fucked from the get go, although she had been very recently adorned the title of Flower Hashira, she wasn't strong enough to take out an upper moon by herself, but what was etched in his other iris was somehow even more alarming, 'Two'.

Standing as the third on the tall ladder of the demon hierarchy, Doma was undoubtedly powerful, he knew that, and yet here he was, hesitating to kill this woman, she was especially beautiful, her name was Kanae, she had announced it proudly before vowing to end his pitiful existence, The Upper Moon had enjoyed just how quickly her determination fell when she realized his status, Doma wasn't quite sure how she had gotten there but he was glad she did, she was a girl of a slender build, who was rather tall and had notably red lips in contrast to her pale complexion. She had long, straight, black hair that reached just below her waist, worn down with two shorter clumps over her shoulders, and arched, ear-length bangs on either side of her face. Her eyes were a pale violet and slanted towards the sides of her face, bright and bug-like, almost sparkly.

Kanae wore a purple-tinted version of the standard Demon Slayer uniform and a piece of black fabric around her calves and zōri with pale straps. She also sported a pair of green and pink butterfly hairpins that she wore adorned on either side of her head, too bad, if Doma was capable of feeling anything he would have probably desired this woman to be his wife.

And besides, her beautiful and clear skin had been ruined by battle, with large scars ordaining her once gentle derma, he sighed, "I truly hoped to absorb you", Doma spoke with as gentle a voice he could produce, "But you", His face contorted into one of sly anger, "You held out almost until dawn", He spat at her, "I'll have to rip you apart, limb by limb", He threatened her as he crouched in front of the panting female.

"I feel sorry for you", Kanae mustered to speak ...

Doma lunged backward, after being close enough to feel her breath, the air had rolled out of his lungs, his blood had frozen in fear, and his heartbeat ran wildly through his eardrums, there was something there, it had been a fraction of a second, but he had felt it, DEATH.

It was as if The Grim Reaper had sharpened his scythe and had backed it up onto his pale thorax, and had gotten ready to strike, if Doma hadn't bounced backward, surely he would have been dead, after what seemed like an eternity-but really was a second-Doma saw him, The Reincarnation of Death. The Demon rubbed the protrusion of his throat with worry, it had all felt so real.

DOOM

It was all Doma felt as the man radiated with pure killing intent, his pores opened up, the hair on his body perked upwards and his eyes widened, every cell screamed at The Upper Moon Two to run, to escape. "Don't you dare leave", The voice of his master commanded him, "Kill him, kill him Doma", Muzan's voice rang through Doma's empty shell of brain space.

"Thank god you're here", Kane didn't know who her savior was, but she was happy, not that she would be able to continue living, she had given up that false hope long ago, she knew that if the demon didn't devour her...Her burst lungs, internal bleeding, fatigue, and cuts that ran deep inside her skin would probably finish her off, and she smiled, because her presumed last thoughts were, "Tell my sister, Shinobu to always smile", She spoke, getting ready to give up and release the last threads of life she had been hanging onto.