Pre-Wedding Jitters

Back again with another one!! Been wanting to do this for a while now, and here I am. She-Hulk is a great show!! A few things are bit off, but I still love it.

Quick notice: this is JenXJohnny fic. Based on episode six of She-Hulk: Attorney At Law. Jen deserves a good man in her life, so I'm gonna give it to her. 😎

Bear with me on this, guys. Give me a chance here, lol. 😅

===========================================================================================================================================

***Jennifer Walter's Home, Living Room***

Jennifer Walters paced back and forth in her living room, nervously tapping her hand with her phone.

Today had come with a fair share of good and worry. She had received a package in the mail from an old high school friend, Lulu, with an invitation to her wedding. That was sweet. But more than that, she had also asked Jen to be one of her bridesmaids. That was.....okay? Truthfully, Jen felt a bit off about it seeing as how the two weren't CLOSE close friends like her and Nikki were, and also, she hadn't talked to Lulu in years. But she didn't want to hurt Lulu's feelings. Plus, who would say no to being a bridesmaid?

But that wasn't the only thing eating her. No, the other was that she was supposed to bring a plus one as well. That was a problem.

Aside from the fact that Jen wasn't dating anyone, she didn't really have anyone to turn to for help on this. Bruce: off world. Chet: already going as the wedding DJ(plus, it'd be too embarrassing. Bless his heart. She loved her cousin...despite how weird and loud he was.). Pug: already had plans with Nikki for that day.

She had no one!...or so she thought. There was one person she could possibly ask. He was an old friend of Jen's that she helped out him and his family one time, and they became pretty close after that. Sure, it had been a month or so since they talked, but she figured if she could count on anyone to help her, it was this man.

"Okay, okay. I'm gonna do it," she said as she sat down on her couch, opened up her phone and went to his contact.

In it, there was a picture of a young but handsome blonde with one cute smile for the contact photo. Under the name: Johnny Storm.

[Jen looks to the reader: "Yes, that Johnny Storm. Flaming member of the Fantastic Four. Great guy. Bit of a loose cannon and a flirt, but he is kinda cute. And plus he's a good friend of mine and he's always saying he's willing to help me out. I just never thought I'd be asking him something like this.....God help me."]

After much hyperventilating and procrastination, she hit the 'Call' icon and it began to ring. With each ring, the more nervous Jen became. It's funny, when it came to fighting Titania, or those bozos attacking her, she was fine. No fear. But with this, she was shaky as a leaf.

Four rings had passed, making her feel she should hang up.

'Maybe he won't pick up,' she said to herself, 'then I won't have to-'

[Split screen. Jen on the left, Johnny on the right.]

"Hello?" A voice from her phone said.

Crap.

"Hey! Hey Johnny!" She replied, nerves still shaking, but she played it off with a smile even though he couldn't see her, "it's-it's me, Jen."

"Oh, hey, Jen! Good to hear from you!" Johnny immediately smiled as he replied.

'Cutie!' She thought to herself.

"Good to hear from you too. Uh, how have you been?"

It was the best she could come up with. She figured it wouldn't be best to just jump right in and ask him. She wanted to break the ice first....and procrastinate a little more.