Strength VS Speed

It was a lovely day at Metropolis High-school, Max and Lena was in the gymnasium watching Barbi and her team practice their skills.

Lena: Barbi's up next Dad.

Max: I hope she nails it.

They see Barbi run to the board and jumps and does a quadruple front flip and lands perfectly, her team cheers for her while the duo clapped their hands for her.

Max: Well done Barbi!

Lena: That was perfect!

She blushes from their kind words, she heard months ago about him adopting Lena from her old family and became a father figure to her, whenever she and Lena were together she would be a mother figure to her.

Girl 1: If you keep vaulting like that, we might actually win gold this year.

Barbi: Well, it wasn't me who fell on the uneven bars.

Coach: Nice work Barbi. Maybe your cleanest vault yet.

Barbi: Good. Then, if it's settled, and I'm captain again, let's get one thing clear-

Coach: Hang on, I think there's one more girl.

Max: One more, who could that be?

Coach: Diana Prince.

Lena: Diana, well let's see what she can do.

Diana: Lift me Boreas, let your wintery breath keep me aloft.

Max: Diana, they're waiting for you.

She stands up and sprints towards the board, she cartwheels and jumps over the girls and Barbi while doing multiple front flips, she lands perfectly a few feet ahead of Barbi who was shocked, Max and Lena was surprised she did it so well, the girls runs over to Diana and cheers for her while Barbi stood in place still shocked.

Coach: Maybe we could have co-captains this year.

Barbi: What, absolutely not!

Coach: Ok, congratulations, Prince, you're the new team captain.

Barbi's eyes widened in shock as she chose Diana instead of her, she felt someone touched her shoulder and turns to see Max next to her.

Max: I'm sorry you didn't get to be captain this year, but we think you were incredible.

Barbi: You mean it?

Lena: Of course we do, besides it was really good, best part when you landed it was as graceful as a cheetah.

She smiled and gives Lena a hug for her honesty which Max smiles at the scene, an hour goes by which they were waiting for their results on maths.

Math teacher: Nice job, Barbi. Not to often you see a hundred percent in AP Calculus, is what I'd be saying if it weren't for Diana, Max, and Lena over here.

Barbi: What exactly do you mean?

Math: Well Barbi, Diana got a hundred and two percent, for both Max and Lena a whopping Two hundred percent, Incredible! That's a new school record.

The students clapped for their amazing hard work while Barbi watches the scene unfold, although she was jealous of Diana, she at least feels proud of Max and Lena for their incredible work, a few hours go by which Barbi drives by to her friends.

Barbi: Hello everyone, pool party at my house!

Girl 1: Sorry, Barbi, we're gonna stay and help Diana decorate for the dance.

Barbi: The dance, I completely forgot about that.

Diana: Join us, there will be camaraderie and merriment.