Introduction

"The beast within me restored my inner peace" might not make sense quite yet but it has a bigger meaning than you might assume. Knowing that you have this strength within yourself but not being able to fully understand it can cause a lot of chaos. Trying to reason with your inner self whilst ignoring all of the things he/she might need will only bring pain. Once you start the journey of getting to know your inner warrior, your inner believer, or your inner beast, all being the same thing, that is when the real magic happens. Denying who you are will never bring you happiness in life. Everybody is different and that is what makes our lives unique. Allowing every miserable, narcissistic, pessimistic, cruel, hateful, moronic, evil person to corrupt your mind and make you believe that you are not deserving of true happiness is only possible through denying the beast within yourself. Nobody has the power to weaken the strength you hold unless you had doubts about it beforehand. Once you get to know who you are, getting to enrich yourself with the greatest feelings of understanding, trust, loyalty, freedom, peace and happiness... nobody can take that strength away from you ever again. This book will take you on a journey as it has been doing the same whilst I was writing it. It can be a journey of self-discovery or self-doubt, either way the choice is up to you whether you choose to restore your inner peace or remain in chaos. Todays world thrives on chaotic life whether it is a husband or wife cheating on one another, a girlfriend or boyfriend traumatising each other for future partners, a mother or father controlling their child's life, a son or daughter causing their mother and father pain, or someone innocent losing their lives or their sense of security because of evil people out there. I can't promise that once you've read this book your life will run smoothly. However, I can promise you that it might help you feel something... anything. Whether it is a tear of joy or a gasp of realisation. There is a power within all of us but we neglect it in order to protect others or to soften their ego. Once we take "How would it make them feel?" out of the equation and start asking "How does this make me feel?", we could have a chance at changing the world for the better. Nothing was ever accomplished by holding on to what we hoped would be good for us but instead for what we knew was what we needed. Sometimes what we need isn't what we want, but our lives won't change if we keep ignoring it. Think of it in such a way that you would be hungry. What happens if you're hungry for too long? Your stomach growls and eventually it gets louder and louder. You have two options. Either eat something and the growling sensation goes away or starve with the uncomfortable feeling never going away. That is how we approach our inner selves and that inner peace we so desperately need in life. Our hearts and minds need to be encouraged and motivated to focus on finding that inner happiness. The person within you is growling in uncomfortableness. Are you listening to them? Are you paying attention to why they are struggling? Have you taken the time to evaluate what the situation might be and how bad it has become? You have two options. Feed them with the love, protection, guidance, happiness, understanding, trust, focus, and strength you need or let them starve. Option two causes pain and suffering for not only yourself but also your relationships you surround yourself with. Your internal process affects your external environment. Ignoring the signs within yourself to take care of yourself will lead to frustration, anger, doubt, anxiety, depression, distrust, hatred, unforgiving feelings, and much worse. You don't know the first thing about taking care of yourself so how would you expect to be able to take care of someone else? If your mental well-being is on auto-pilot, don't expect to fly everyone else's successfully without crashing the plane. I'm not an expert and I make these mistakes too. It's all about learning from them. Making mistakes is part of being human. We are not designed to live a perfect life, have the perfect marriage, have perfect children, have a perfect education, live in a perfect city, etc. Once you find beauty in imperfection, you won't feel frustration as often. Someone once told me that I was acting too old for my age. This was when I had started writing books at age 4. Granted, they might not have made perfect sense as my vocabulary wasn't perfect but some people saw the potential in the imperfections and encouraged me to keep pursuing it. People would say things such as "Why do you write books about life? You're too young to know anything important", "Get a job. Grow up. Then you can talk about the serious stuff", and more. Those same people have been through job losses, divorces, infidelity in relationships, and they have all been miserable. The fact of the matter is, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. These were things people said to me as a child. By eight years old I had already experienced things happening in life such as divorces, family abandonment, homosexual relationships, domestic violence, sexual harassment, slut shaming, and verbal abuse. You're telling the kids today who have the capability of being your therapist that they should get a job and keep their opinions to themselves. Well, I can guarantee that intelligence and maturity has nothing to do with age but with life experience and that has no age barriers. There are children that are more capable of taking care of adults than adults take care of children. It's a sad thing to say but it opens your eyes to how much the world has changed. If we took age, race, religion, and politics all out of the picture and sat down with anyone who was willing to speak and listen with intent. We could learn so much more from one another. So join me as we take this journey. Take the time to read about restoring that part of yourself that deserves the most but receives the least. Learn to unlock your inner peace with me.

~ By Carlyn Esbach