I'm dead

Clara leaned back in her chair and stretched.

'Finally, work is done. I get to go home, relax with a tub of ice cream, maybe watch a movie. Oh, that sounds good.'

Getting up, she grabbed her bag and clocked out before heading to the bus transport.

As she walked along the sidewalk, Clara scrolled through an online novel that had been introduced to her by a co-worker.

Just the right amount of cliche, they had said.

Untrue to the oral review she'd been given, Clara found that the novel was full of cliche. Too much for her, in that sense.

The female lead was a daughter of a poor baron, blah.

The male lead was the crown prince with a narcissistic attitude, blah.

The villain was a prince and heir to throne of a neighboring kingdom, got kidnapped by conspirers.
Ran away and trespassed into a witch's wood. Was confined and tortured.
Got away.

Well, that part kind of wasn't blah. It was sad. BUT ANYWAY...

He returns to homeland. Trained and becomes cold and heartless.
Meets female lead at a banquet he's invited to by the first kingdom. Falls in love, blah.

Villain and Male Lead duke it out for Female lead's attention throughout story.

Etc, etc, etc.

Boring.

Clara got off the bus and walked down the sidewalk to her apartment.
Going in, she shut the door and proceeded to go take a shower.

Afterwards, clean and dressed, she went into the kitchen, grabbed a tub of ice cream, then walked back to her room.
Sighing, she dug into it with a spoon as she scrolled through her phone for another story.

She was just eating another spoonful of ice cream when footsteps in the hallway alerted her.
Whirling around, she came face to face with a person dressed in black, robber ski mask and everything.

On instinct, she let out a bloodcurdling scream. A gunshot sounded, pain sparked in her chest, and the next thing she knew, everything went black
______

"What the hell, Derby!! We weren't supposed to shoot anyone!!!"

The man in black panicked as his partner yelled at him in whispers.

"I didn't mean to!! She shocked me and my finger was on the trigger!!"

"Forget this, man! We gotta get out of here now!!"

__

Hiya readers