one

The sun shone brightly down onto the stone pavement, little bits of greenery peeking through the tiniest gaps between each stone. The town was bustle with activity, lots of chatter and laughter; you could see the children running around together, chasing each other, while holding brightly shaped animal balloons which were being made at the centre of the small place. Decorations hung from building to building, front gardens decorated with small but lovely flowers.

In the towns centre, each stall which sold fruits and vegetables were now changed to activity stalls. The fruit stall had become a 'make your own flower crown' diy stall and the vegetables were now filled with sweet treats and drinks.

In the middle of this stood a table for arts and crafts, paper bouquets, paper roses, colouring, paintings and much more!

Hua Cheng had only just arrived a while ago, looking around in amazement at how a small town is so organised and ready for a festival which happened a long, long time ago. As he walked through the area of joy and excitement, he noticed a beautiful white cat sitting upon a plaza bench, its eyes were as pure as gold and it seemed to have noticed the mans presence so close to him. The sudden approach seemed to have startled the poor thing, making it jump down and start heading towards a nearby cafe.

Hua Cheng let out a sigh before noticing a thin red ribbon which lay right where the cat was sat so comfortable. He thought it would be best to follow the animal, maybe the fabric belongs to someone?

The cafe had a few people sat outside, enjoying the nice spring vibes. Hua Cheng looked around, seeing the cat walking inside and jump on something. He followed after it, his pace quite fast yet steady.

He heard a few murmurs around as he entered some whispering his name.. My, did the author forget to mention the man? Hua Cheng is known as one of the richest people and owner of the Crimson Rain Hotel down in the city; he's quite the intimidating man when first approached. His posture was perfect and his hair was pitch black and long, he isn't the nicest man but he seems to have a soft heart when it comes to animals, especially cats!

Anyway,  he did not seem to take any notice of this as the cat let out a croaked meow and rubbed against the mans long, slender finger. He couldn't help but smile until he heard a voice. The voice was very smooth and natural, no "customer service" tone or no fake politeness, it was rather... sweet.

Hua Cheng's head rose up from looking at the out-of-season snowball and met eyes with a young man, his hair tied back in a loose bun, piercing gold eyes full of happiness, skin as pale as a diamond. Who was this man?

"Ah! I've noticed you've found Ruoye. Come on, you know you shouldn't be running off and leaving me here! Qingxuan has been trying to find you all morning, shaking a treat and calling your name outside.." He spoke in a calm manner as he stroked the cat so gently. "I appreciate you bringing him back! It's easy for Ruoye to get lost especially during the festivities.. I'll make you a drink as a thank you, what would you like?"

Hua Cheng seemed to have zoned out for a bit, his heart pounding, was this man not intimidated by him? He questioned the feeling he felt before snapping back to reality.

"Pardon? Oh.. I'll just have a cup of tea, nothing too extra. I wouldn't want you to work so hard just to thank me." He gave the waiter a cheeky grin, his one eye staring right at his face.

The mans smile really seemed to be the cause for all the mixed feelings and the butterflies in his stomach. He took out a small notepad and jotted it down before putting it back in his back pocket and walking away to make the tea. His hair was a beautiful brown colour and the bun made Hua Cheng wonder how long his hair was since he didn't know many people with hair long like his. Despite this fact, the young waiter seemed to have caught the celebrity's heart.

Not a long wait until he arrived back to the table with a tray which carried the cup of tea, a small packet of sugar, and to Hua Chengs surprise: a slice of cake. The cake was layered perfectly and covered with soft fluffy whipped cream sat on top of it, a fresh strawberry placed onto it with white chocolate drizzle decorating the plate underneath the delightful dessert!

Hua Chengs eye widened at the sight. He was not expecting to get a treat as well considering he just wanted a tea.

"Thank you very much. May i ask for your name..?" He asked, a bit nervous about his sudden question. The waiters smile calmed down a bit more as if he was kind of confused.

"Xie Lian! What's yours?" He decided to sit down on the chair across from Hua Cheng. Xie Lians free time was approaching so he thought it would be nice to talk to someone. Obviously being a waiter can be quite stressful, taking orders and having to be fast. If only all cafes were more cosy and steady-paced but no one always gets what they want!

"Hua Cheng but you can call me San Lang." He replied, a small smile peeking out from the corner of his lips.

"Lovely to meet you San Lang! I really must thank you for finding Ruoye, otherwise we would've had to make Nan Feng our mascot.. Is this your first time visiting 'Ruoye's specialties'?" Xie Lian laughed a bit. His laugh was so pure... Hua Cheng fell in love almost immediately.

"Yes, it is actually my first time visiting the town as well!" The man replied, letting out a small chuckle. He then realised his cake and tea were still sat there untouched, Xie Lian noticed as well.

"Oh! I apologise for stopping you.. I best tell Qingxuan im going on a break real quick. You enjoy that!" He spoke in almost a rushed voice and stood up, leaving Hua Cheng to start eating as he made his way over towards the staff room.