(03)

[ Content Warnings: mentions of abuse and violence. ] 

'I'm not going back this time

'I'm not going back this time. I don't care what he does, or what he says.'

'Isn't that what you said last time?' Juliette asked quietly.

'I know, but I didn't walk out last time either.' Alicia replied.

'Sorry, we're late.' Nick announced as he walked through the restaurant door with Briar and sat down at the table across from Alicia. Briar took the chair beside Alicia and smiled at her.

'You, uh, you want some wine?' Alicia offered, only to have the pair both decline.

'How are you today?' Nick questioned.

'I'm good!' Alicia replied, smiling. 'No thanks to you three. It sort of feels like we're back in the dorm. Except for Nick, of course.'

'Aw, I wish you'd been there.' Juliette said, squeezing Nick's hand affectionately under the table.

'If only, some of the men she was with,' Alicia added, looking sideways at Briar who smiled uncomfortably. They had nothing against Juliette's past partners, they just didn't really care for romantic talk -- on account of their gray-asexuality.

'Hey, woah!' Juliette interrupted, before Alicia could say anything else. 'You need to behave yourself.'

'Maybe it's time I go to the 'little girls room.' Alicia remarked.

'I think that's a good idea.' Juliette replied, voice strained. Alicia then shuffled past Briar and walked away to the bathroom.

'Thanks for coming' by, I know things are crazed at work.' Juliette said, turning to Nick. Nick looked both ways before looking back at Juliette and Briar. 'I have something to tell you about Alicia.'

'What is it? Is it Joe? Is he here?' Juliette questioned.

'No, no.' Nick said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. 'Your friend is a wesen.'

'What?' Juliette exclaimed.

'Yeah, we saw her when she got to our house. You were in the other room and she got upset.'

'We were room-mates for three years.' Juliette said. 

'Yeah, but it's not like you knew I was a hexenbiest back then either.' Briar added.

'What kind of wesen is she? Is she dangerous?' Juliette asked.

'No, I don't think so. I didn't get a good look at her, but I'd guess something along the lines of a fuchsbau.'

'Like Rosalee? That's a relief.' Juliette murmured.

'Look, she's your friend. She can stay with us as long as she wants. But if she finds out that I'm a grimm, or that Briar's a hexenbiest, who knows what could happen. She could freak out; she could run back to Joe.' Nick said.