Chapter 1

I randomly thought of this while staring at the wall in my room so enjoy. There will most likely also be a part 2. I have 3-4 fics/fic ideas lined up so if I can get them all done you'll be hearing from me a lot in the near future.

Also this was posted on my ao3 @throwingyou_ shade if anyone is interested enough

~-~-~

TW:

Depression, Suicide Attempts

If any of these topics make you uncomfortable or are a trigger of any sort I ask that you don't read this chapter and take care of yourself

~-~-~

With the passage of time everyone found their place. Somewhere they could call "home". A place they belonged. Except that statement only applied to humans.

Dazai wasn't human. That wasn't a new fact, it had been proven over and over. His lack of emotion had eaten away at whatever little humanity he may have had. It made him the enigma he was.

Unfeeling

Lacking

Inhumane

That was his belief.

That was his truth.

But despite his beliefs he seems to have started to find himself a place. Until he abandoned it.

He knew he belonged with Chuuya. The light that shone brighter than the sun ever had that stood there waiting patiently for him at the end of his tunnel of misfortune, misery and complicated feelings he wasn't yet ready to unpack.

But he had stopped walking to his light and turned his back on it the day Oda died.

Did he regret it? Maybe, he didn't know, or maybe he didn't want to. Who could really tell? Not Dazai that was certain.

But he had left his light in favor of the darkness of his own tunnel and mind, in doing so losing his home. The place he believed he belonged. He was like air to him, he needed him to survive. But now, he was holding his breathe as waves covered him and tried to drown him, so now the question was how long could he hold his breathe?

Until eventually came the day they reunited and he had again gotten to see the light. And yet the clouds had covered the sun once again.

Time continued to fly and everyone found their notes in the harmony that was life.

Time flew by and they all sang along

All except Dazai. The enigma left out of the circle of humanity.

The enigma that was nothing without its lover. A lover which it had left.

And as he stood on top of the port mafia's headquarters he looked down.

"This will be the only note I can use to sing along with humanity, I hope it isn't sour."

As he took a step forward and allowed himself to fall off the building's edge, he felt a hand grip his with breaking strength.

He looked up to see the light he had missed for so long.

He once again disrupted their melody

~-~-~

Thank you if you actually took the time to read this, If I missed any TWs please let me know

If you have any constructive criticism please let me know!

I hope you have a great day/night!