chapter 3

3 days later

"lila wake up lazy it's 12pm"

"jet lag is really taking its toll okay no need for bullying"

we both laugh

i decide to eventually get up, and suddenly i realise todays the day where we are meeting up with the triplets to hang out. i'm weirdly nervous considering i barely know anything about them, i guess i just want to make a good first impression.

it hits me that i need a good outfit because there'll probably be pictures taken today and i don't want to look bummy. i go to my wardrobe and pick out some blue jeans, a black top, black bumbag, and of course my pink converse.

 i go to my wardrobe and pick out some blue jeans, a black top, black bumbag, and of course my pink converse

i'm going to have to get used to the hot weather, since it's freezing in england most of the time. i'm not complaining though.

"hey lila we need to leave in like 10 mins to go to sabs, the triplets and their friend madi are already there"

"okayy!"

sabs house

me and ness walk up to sabs apartment and knock on the door,

sab opens the door

"heyy guys!! it's so good to see you come in!!"

we walk in and i see four people sat on the sofas facing away from us, they quickly turn around and smile at us, saying hey.

nick comes over first
"heyy!! you're so gorgeous in person wow. i'm nick btw!! so nice to meet you"
"nice to meet you nick!!"
"omg stop i love your accent"
"ahaha thank you!"
nick goes on to say hi to ness

next the triplets friend madi comes over to me
"hi! i'm madi"
"hey! i'm delilah but you can call me lila"
madi also compliments me on my accent and tells me that she loves my tiktoks.

next chris comes up to me.
my heart rate increases for some reason, i don't know what it is about him.
"hi i'm chris nice to meet you!" he says with a smile on his face, he is making eye contact with me pretty intensely and it's not helping with my heart rate situation that i have going on.
"heyy, i'm delilah but you can call me lila, i've seen some of you guys' videos and they're hilarious congrats on all your growth:)"
"thank you that means a lot"

chris' pov:

she is so pretty. wow.
and her accent, i've always had a soft spot for english girls.

i'm slightly embarrassed as while i was speaking to her i saw matt looking at us and smirking, i'm not sure how he caught on to me but i guess we are basically the same person so i'm not surprised.

matt also introduced himself to lila, and im selfishly praying that she isn't attracted to him.

i'm not usually the jealous type but this girl is the first girl i've been in awe of in such a long time.

delilah's pov:

we all sit down on the sofa and we are just chatting, going through tiktok, laughing and hanging out.

this is already so fun. this whole group has such a good dynamic and i can see us hanging out a lot. this is only my third day here and i'm already enjoying this so much. i'm sat next to nick and sab on the sofa and chris is on the sofa next to us with nessa, madi, and matt.

i cant help but notice how handsome chris is. his presence is so warming and he is so funny. i'm finding myself being so attracted to him but i'm trying to suppress even the beginning of this attraction i have for him as i want this year to be focused on me having fun and i'm not sure that getting involved with someone will be beneficial in the long run. i've been hurt a few times before and i just know that these things never end well.

i keep catching chris looking at me, and it's giving me butterflies. i'm not sure if i'm making it up in my head, but even if i am it's still fun. but that's all it can be. i want this to be a little crush at most where i can fantasise about him maybe looking at me and hoping that he finds me attractive. that's the fun part of these things, it gets less fun when things become complicated and messy and people become involved.

"hey guys would you be down to film a video with me chris and matt? a collab with you guys on our channel would be so fun!"

nessa replies "omg yes that would be so fun"
sab also excitedly agrees
i reply saying "yeah that's such a good idea, what video are you thinking?"

"maybe a cooking video, like some sort of competition between us, we could do it in pairs or groups?"

we all agree that it's a great idea, and we don't have much else to do so we decide to film today.

we get into two groups, me, sab, chris and madi
against matt, nick and nessa.

the challenge is to bake a rainbow layer cake (which is pretty difficult especially when most of us are useless at baking) and whoever's tastes and looks the best wins.

chris' pov:

i chose the groups and i couldn't help but put lila in my group, i'm just drawn to her and i want to be around her.

she's really funny, and she fits in well with everyone which is super attractive because she's pretty confident. me matt and chris sometimes find it hard in LA because there are lots of fake people with ulterior motives, but this girl is a breath of fresh air and she seems super genuine.

delilah's pov:

we are filming and i'm stood next to chris, usually something simple like that wouldn't get to me but being near to him does something to me. he makes me nervous.

things start to get a bit out of hand and we all start having a food fight
we are all laughing so much and i'm having the most fun i've had in a while

chris threw some batter at matt and it landed on his hair, chris immediately ran away because by the look on matts face chris was a dead man.

a few hours later

it's pretty late now and we are all just hanging out and watching tv, im sat on the same sofa with chris and nick now and my leg is touching chris'.

god this is so 12 year old girl of me.

but even this small amount of touch feels like fireworks. it almost feels as if we are both thinking the same thing and neither of us are moving to put distance between us. because deep down neither of us want distance.