Chapter-20|•|

Enjoy reading!!!

"Shre, did you call the catering guy?" Dad asks rushing inside

I wipe my tears and crush the cigar in the ashtray. I turn to him and nod.

"I have called them. They will be here by 10 O'clock. Immediately after the guests start to arrive juice will be served. At noon, lunch will be arranged with 43 varieties," I read out the schedule.

I don't look at him. My eyes are fixed on the paper I have scheduled the things to be done.

"Shre?" my eyes fill when I feel the same warmth I always wanted from him, "Look at me."

I fist my fingers and am about to walk away, but he holds my shirt sleeve, "Is it about Avyuktha?"

I heave out a painful breath and my shoulders slump down. I turn to him and let him see my face. He gasps, "Were you crying the whole night? Look at you! Your eyes look bloodshot and your face seems restless. What are you doing to yourself, Shre?" he says worriedly.

I immediately haul myself into his arms. He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back when I sob, "I didn't know she was engaged. I didn't know that the fact that she is someone else's woman will hurt me to this extent. She betrayed me, dad. She hid that she is engaged and played with my emotions."

He rubs my back, speechless. I pull away and wipe my tears, "I won't let any woman ruin Riya's big day, dad. Forget that it all happened," I walk away from there and head to Riya's room.

"Sister-in-law, if you aren't coming now, I will not move from this place even," Riya seems to be talking to Avyuktha on call.

"Riya, I'm sorry. I couldn't come now. I am not doing well," Avyuktha coughs, "Mom and Dad are going to a wedding while my brother-in-law is going for a campaign. I should stay with my sister."

"Sister-in-law, please. You are my only friend-"
I walk inside and cut the video call. Riya glares at me.

"You are getting late," I tell her.

She huffs and turns around crossing her arms over her chest, "I am not attending the engagement if my sister-in-law isn't here, Shre," she states sitting on the bed.

"Riya," I address sternly, "Stop making a fuss for unworthy people. Get up and ready. The beauticians will be here in 15 minutes."

"Didn't you hear me, Shre? Or have you gone deaf? I won't move out of this bed if my sister-in-law isn't here," she says and lays down on the pulling duvet over her.

Avyuktha has made my family mad for her. She wrapped them around her little finger so well.

I close my eyes and the image of that guy holding Avyuktha's waist, his lips on her cheek flashes in front of me.

She fucking played me.

I lift the wooden chair and throw it against the wall making a huge sound. Riya cries out loud seeing me like this for the first time.