8. Birthday Celebration

Today we celebrated Avinash's bday on Marines drive, we cut the cake there and then went to hanging garden.

It was a surprise for him, after college we all went to Marines and Me and Anaya and shruti had brought cake.

We wrote 'Avi' on cake. He is so innocent, we all boarded the train and he asked us girls to board first and when he was gonna board train started moving, and he was left on station.

We all laughed so much, as the birthday boy was left behind. But it was good thing we all got time to plan. So we all planned, Harun suggested we would go Mcdonalds later on.

We waited for him on Marines, he came and we all laughed on him. We cut the cake, wished him, clicked some pics and then went to hanging garden.

I put on my insta story the marines pic.

Then when we were leaving it was almost 6 and I got message from Ayaan my junior college bestie, seeing my insta story, he asked me to meet him, as his college was nearby.

But then we had to go to Mcd, but if I went to Mcd it would be too late to then meet Ayaan, so I went to Avinash and told him my friend is asking me to meet him, you guys go to Mcd.

He said "okay, but I really wanted u to stay"

I say, "next time pakka"

And I left from there, I met Ayaan, we went in our college canteen and had punjabi samosa as usual, we always tell watchmen that I am there to collect 12 th passing certificate and sneak in.

We talked about all our college memories, laughed and then he dropped me to station and I went home.

I checked my phone and Avinash had sent me some messages.

"Thank you so much Shanaya, for making my day, I enjoyed so much, your Mcd treat is pending 😉"

"Welcome, but who told u this was my idea?"

"Anaya"

Uff ye ladki bata bhi dala. Anaya and Shruti koi bhi baat chupa k nahi rakh sakte.

"I am glad you enjoyed", I reply.

" You know Shanaya, this was my first time when someone from my friends brought the cake for me, first time in 17 years"

When I read his message I felt so emotional like how much our simple actions impact others, I just did normal things and he was so happy. I am so glad I knew his birthday, thanks to our late night chats.

"Also you are one of my only friend with whom I have shared so many personal thing"

His message broke my chain of thought, he is referring to the thing he told me one night that he doesn't have dad, I cried so much hearing that.

I am so glad to have got such a good friend.

I smile and wish him again.

---‐---------‐-----------------------------------------
Today we have our presentation for the assignment, and now my partner is Anaya, as Ma'am dint like anyone's assignement.

So she paired us with our benchmates, which was a relief as I really dont want to deal with Rizwan.

We made our presentation, Anaya said she will come early today so we can prepare together, but I was waiting for her since so long, but she got late.

So we all set up our desk and project, so some of the seniors and students from other school were gonna visit us.

We were explaining everyone our project, after that some seniors also came to our desk, I explained them the project.

Aayush and Sam's desk is next to us and he keeps coming to our desk, and we chatted a little.

So after end of the day I was tired by takling and explaining all day, my throat was paining, I was exhausted due to standing all day and also we dint drink much water.

The cold temperature of AC in the room was not helping at all. At last when we thought its finished another group came, I robotically started explaing them, and one of those seniors just started laughing with his friend.

I was so clueless, I said what, should I explain again, why are you laughing?

I was looking at Anaya, she was also laughing.

Then he told his friend that he has come here for 3 times since morning, and I have explained him the same thing 3 times, as if he is a new person. And they both started laughing, his name is Jai, and his friend Devansh.

I was so embarrassed, that I dint recognize his face, but then we all laughed it off.

It was very tiring but also fun, and it was all worth it when Maam anounced the results.

Our group came 2nd. I was so happy.

Then when I reached home I was so tired, I directly went to have bath, and then came and slept.

I woke up by 11 to have dinner and saw some messages and one missed call from Aayush. I opened them, he has sent me so many messages just to ask me if I have reached home or not? And then PICK UP THE CALL!!

Someone really need to tell this guy to text in one single message, I replied him sorry, I was sleeping and I have reached home.
He replied hm.
I dont know why people reply hm, as if its my fault that I slept.

We chat for sometime.

"Do you have a boyfriend?", Aayush asks out of nowhere.

"Yes", I lied. As I dont want to give him any wrong hint, and I just want to study and complete my degree, relationship is not my cup of tea, and that too with him no way, he is typical bad boy. Its good that he knows this from start.

"Guessed so" he replied.

"So how you guys met?" He asks further.

Now I really dont want to lie more, I just tell him that he is from my junior college, and anyway once when we all went to temple with group and other time when we went to celebrate Avinash's bday, I thought to meet Ayaan as the college was near from there. So I went to meet him, and everyone assumed I went to meet my boyfriend, and I dint clear it. As I really dont want bf right now, so its better everyone thinks I am committed.

Even though Aayush was never there, I am sure he knows about this, as I have full faith on Shruti's and Anaya's network powers.

So, I just tell the same lie to him, that he is from my junior college, and since one year we are in relationship.

He askes me his name.

I say "Thats enough for now, why you want his name?"

He says "ok".

After that he doesnt talk to me, I also wish him goodnight and sleep. I think he knows I lied to him, thats why he is not talking to me. But I have no option.

Anyway, I am so excited to go on trip, we all are.