Chapter one

Home. I never truly felt at home. Sure, I had a roof over my head, parents, but I never really belonged. Everyone at school hated me, my parents didn't care, and most of my friends were too blind to notice. I had just turned eighteen, and I was not staying with my parents. My best friend Natalia, or Nat as I called her, and I moved to London. We bought a flat, we got jobs at a nearby bakery, and even though I still felt a little out of place, I was happy.

------------------

"ANNA!!!" Nat screamed, pounding on my door. I rolled over and covered my face with the sheets to shield my eyes from the bright morning light. "What?!" I tried to yell, but my I was too tired. "It's 9:00! If you don't get ready within the next five minutes, we are going to be late!...ANASTASIA!!!" she said as she opened my door. "Fine, I'll be out in a minute" I said, pushing her out of my room. This was a typical morning for us. I would be late, Nat would be in a hurry, and we would have to run to work, but get there just on time.

As we walked into the bakery, the sweet smell of chocolate rushed into my lungs. I skipped into the kitchen and grabbed my apron and passed Nat hers. "Ah, girls!" Mary called from behind us. "Anna, I need you to go take orders. Natalia, come with me." she said and I walked back into the front.

The shop was almost completely empty except for a tall, pale boy, with brown hair and big, brown eyes. The second I saw him, my eyes grew wide and my jaw dropped. "Hello" he said in a sing-song tone. "Hi Dan" I said, still in shock. "You watch my videos?" he said, a huge smile on his face. "I am in love with them! You and Phil are hilarious, and not to mention, amazingly beautiful too!" I said just a little bit too quickly. "Sorry I'm fangirling" I said, blushing. "No. It's completely fine. I love meeting fans." he said. "Anyways, your order?" I said, remembering the whole "job" thing. "I'll just have a blueberry muffin and a coffee please" he said, still smiling. "No problem" I said. I pushed my way into the back and had no trouble finding the things. I quickly skipped back to the front. As I was handing him his coffee, our hands slipped and the cup dropped. I jumped back, trying to avoid getting spilled on, but I wasn't fast enough. Coffee went streaming down the front of my shirt.