02

"

"...I'm launching my own investigation on Casey Becker's murder..."

__

It was Monday morning. Arguably the worst thing to experience, and if you were me, you had another problem. That problem was Dewey's voice yelling at Tatum and me to wake up from downstairs. Throwing my head back into my pillow, I tried to continue the plotline my mind had developed in hopes to ignore the blaring noise from downstairs.

The images of my dream flickered, but the story had already escaped my mind. I sighed as I tore my cover off and dug my feet into the carpet. After last night's events, I did not want to attend school, but alas, my academic ambitions won the war.

I grabbed some clothes sloppily and hauled my sleepy self into the bathroom. I pushed open the door, and there, brushing his teeth, was Stu, and I couldn't rip my eyes away. He was practically naked only dawning some plaid, woven boxers.  His shirtless torso glistened under the lighting and I felt myself drooling. His defined muscles down to his tauntingly low boxers... God was truly testing me.

Stu waved at me and I froze. I felt like the scared little boy staring at the men's underwear, wondering why I felt this way again and couldn't dare to move my body. Stu gave me a puzzled look as he spat out the toothpaste, "You good?"

I nodded as I ran away from the bathroom. How embarrassing was that?? Stomping the ground a few times my frustration took over. The effect that man had on me!

Trying to distract myself from Stu I began to change. Jeans, white tee, sweater. In my opinion, I looked good, and I hoped Stu would think so too. Maybe he would care more about how nice I dressed rather than our embarrassing bathroom encounter?

Shaking my head at the thought, I got my things and headed downstairs. Sitting at the kitchen table, Dewey held a dire expression on his face. I tried to discern what could be the problem as I picked out water and an apple for my before-school breakfast.

Tatum and Stu stood at the edge of the stairs attached at the hip. I wondered if they too saw Dewey's worried expression. He motioned for us to sit at the table with him.

"I have to talk to you guys. It's serious."

We all glanced at each other before pulling a seat out and waiting for Dewey to continue, "Did you guys know a Casey Becker?"

Stu did; that's for sure. They dated a couple of months back before he got with Tatum. We shared a few classes, and she seemed sweet, but I already knew that Tatum nor I  actually knew her.

We all simply nodded at the question and Dewey continued, "I'm not going to give you all the details, but she was murdered last night. Gutted." Dewey looked like he was going to reel at his own words. "I care for you kids, so try and be safe. We got it covered at the police station."