Chapter 3: A new home

Morning sunlight shone through the window, casting golden light across the wooden floorboards and illuminating the dust that lingered in the air.

Everything was peaceful. Birds were chirping, a gentle breeze was blowing, the bed was comfy, everything was calm and Izuku didn't want to open his eyes. He didn't want it to end.

But he knew that his alarm for school would go off any minute, or his Mom would knock on the door, telling him to get breakfast before school. Izuku didn't want to leave his bed. As soon as he opened his eyes and got out of bed, his day would start, and that meant dealing with Kacchan and all of the other bullshit that happened in his everyday life, bullshit he didn't want to deal with today.

Unfortunately for Izuku, he had to deal with it.

Groaning, Izuku sat up and opened his eyes, looking around his bedroom. Only, it wasn't his bedroom. He was in a bedroom he barely recognized. A bedroom with old wooden floors, cobwebs in the corners, and dark blue curtains hanging open by the windows. Candles, books, and small plants were scattered across the room. And there was not a single sign of anything All Might related to be seen.

Though, after meeting the man, Izuku can exactly complain about that last one.

"It wasn't a dream?" Izuku muttered thoughtfully as he got out of bed, almost tripping on the yellow backpack that must have been thrown off in the middle of the night, and suddenly he remembered the burn on his chest as the movement to avoid tripping over his bag sent hot pain shooting through it.

Izuku hissed in pain, bringing a hand up to the wound. That was a mistake. Touching it only makes it worse and the rough, tattered fabric of his school uniform wasn't helping in the slightest.

He pulls the jacket and shirt off quickly to get them away from the wound and sighs at the slight relief it brings. "Okay, burn first, then I'll find clothes."

Izuku drops his dirty uniform on the bed so he can throw it out later, or maybe burn it, then he walks out of the bedroom.

The hallway had two doors and a staircase leading down to the living room and the rest of the house. One door lead to the bedroom, where he just walked out of, and the other he wasn't sure.

He walks over to the second door and pushes it open, revealing a bathroom behind it. A good place to start his search.

Izuku starts by looking through the cabinet behind the mirror. Inside was a bunch of strange-looking bottles and containers that he was nervous to touch in case they did something harmful or weren't meant to be touched. He knew it was unlikely, seeing as they are in a bathroom and not some kind of magical laboratory, but he didn't want to take any chances.

When there was nothing obviously useful to his situation in the cabinet, he opened the cupboard under the sink.

Once again, all of the items inside looked super magic-y and Izuku didn't know what to do with them. He gently moved the unknown items out of the way, peering into the back of the cupboard, noticing a small-ish box that stood out among everything else inside.

Izuku reaches in and grabs the box, dusting it off with his hand before opening it. "Normal-looking bandages. That's a good start."

Izuku closes the cupboard and then stands from his kneeling position on the floor. He would need to clean the wound first, so he turns on the sink, only a little surprised when water actually came out.

Using lukewarm water, he carefully cleans the wound, then gently pats it dry with a towel he found before wrapping it up with the bandages to keep it clean. He didn't actually know what he was doing, he's never had any medical training, just what he's learned from treating burns for almost ten years.