who hurt you?

"I want to hold the hand, inside you.
I want to take the breath that's true.
I look to you, and I see nothing.
I look to you to see the truth."

☆-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-☆

the rain poured heavy, each drop absorbing into vis skin and clothes as she rested on the cold, soaked bench. vi stared down at the ground, brows furrowed due to her focus. she laid her jaw in her hands, rough palms wiping the tears that played a rhythm down her cheeks.

vi didn't 'hang' in the undercity lanes much anymore, as she had piltover to accompany her needs-but this time, she felt like it was necessary to be there. in her once home, it made her feel better. even if it was just a small, little bit. she felt powerless. like she couldnt handle herself, let alone the others around her. even the sheriff herself. it all came down to her, vis only goal then was to make her happy.

"have you seen her? please, please tell me I- I've been looking for hours, she should.. she should be off, off work- by now-" caitlyn searched frantically for her girlfriend, not knowing where else to look for her up in the golden city of piltover. she choked down a sob, just wishing vi were okay. an enforcer had previously shown her a safer, parkour-free way to get into the lanes, and so caitlyn went. her fingers traced the dusty railing laid next to the wet, solid steps. she quickly skipped down them and found herself in a large, dim-lit town. rain pattering on the stone pathways, neon signs flickering with every breath she took. rusty, corroded overhangs and copper pipes, untrustworthy chains holding signs that looked like they could drop at any given moment. the vivid green haze in her peripheral vision told her that this, no doubt, was zaun.

"one.. two.. three.. four..-"
vi trailed on through her words, slowly counting to steady herself. she aimlessly looked at the ground, watching water ripple as it puddled with small hints of crimson beneath her boots. she was far out of focus, just breathing slowly, mind emptied.

"vi..? vi, are you here?"
caitlyn yelled for her partner, searching, only in hopes to bring her lover home. her shoes paddled through the drowned pathways, like a mislead boat on a huge river. she stumbled through the alleyways, shoes sloshing in the water. her voice was concerned, shaky- even. yet, still proper, just genuine when coming to fear. she came to a halt, seeing a dark silhouette sat on a bench fit for two. caitlyn inched closer, listening closely to the whispers coming from the subject.

"thirty. thirty one, thirty two, thirty three..-"

it was vis voice.

"VI! VI ARE YOU OKAY? I- YOU HAVE NO CLUE.. HOW, HOW WORRIED I WAS ABOUT YOU-"

vi snapped out of her trance, glaring up at the tall woman looming over her. panic flushed over caitlyn, she immediately grabbed vis face, examining.

"who did this to you.."
she snarled, fury shrouding her voice. blood dripped over caitlyns knuckles. her eyes filled with sorrow, but they were accompanied by intense anger. vis face was sheathed in bruises and wounds. vis nose poured blood, her mouth similarly. her right eye was a plum color, almost black. she had two gashes in her left cheek, gouged by what seemed like a vicious stray cat, but caitlyn knew that wasn't the case.

"goodness, vi.. were gonna get you fixed right up."

caitlyn took vi home, getting up to their fancy porch and fishing her key out of her belt pocket to open the door.

caitlyn took vi to the washroom. arms hung over her shoulders, vi slightly closed her eyes, exhausted and scared-joyous, however, to be in caitlyns care once more. vi fell back onto the sink, caitlyn hovering over her body infront of her. vi felt vulnerable, yet comfortable.