Chapter 33 : A Cozy Gathering

Sharp at 7, Abhimanyu stopped the car outside Parth's house. The house's exterior itself gave warm and cozy vibes, telling the outsiders that it was owned by a lovely couple.

“They are happily married.” - Akshara commented, looking at the house with a smile.

“They are.” - said Abhimanyu, looking at her wistfully.

Making their way towards the entrance door, Abhimanyu knocked once and a moment later, the door opened.

“Abhimanyu Birla, always on time!” - commented a cheerful Parth, ushering them inside where Shefali was seen to be setting the dining table and Neil was lounging on a couch furiously typing on phone.

“Welcome home Abhimanyu.” - she said greeting her brother-in-law with a bright smile.

“Bhai, Bhabhi, she's Akshara. My girlfriend.” - he introduced her, placing a hand on her waist and looking at her fondly, which didn't go unnoticed by the married couple.

Shefali stepped forward and, pulling Akshara in a warm embrace, said :

“Welcome home.”

Neil, who had dropped his phone, the moment he heard ‘my girlfriend’ from his elder brother's mouth, quickly came to meet the miracle girl.

“Ms. Goenka!” - Neil said, surprised.

“Hello Sir.” - Akshara said politely.

“You can call me Neil outside of office.” - Neil said politely, shaking hands with her.

“Come on Akshara, let me show you the house.” - Shefali said causing Akshara to smile bright.

Akshara and Shefali went ahead, while Parth excused himself to check the food, and Neil came to Abhimanyu, a very mischievous look on his face.

“So.... Cheif & Personal Advisor To CEO...” - said Neil, putting emphasizes on ‘Advisor’, a teasing smile on his face.

“I think Maa would love to meet her.” - Neil continued his teasing.

Abhimanyu turned towards his younger brother and placing a hand around his shoulder, smiled innocently. Too innocent to be deemed innocent.

“I think Neil, Maa would love to meet Meesha too.”

The teasing smile disappeared from Neil's face making Abhimanyu smirk.

Meesha was Neil's girlfriend for the past year and Parth, Shefali and Abhimanyu knew about this. They even had met her once or twice. Neil seemed pretty serious about her.

“Don't you think ?” - he continued with an innocent face.

“Bhai... I was just kidding. Don't take my sayings seriously. You know I have a habit of talking gibberish.” - Neil said sweetly, backing off from the teasing as it was going to backfire on him.

“Dinner's ready!” - Parth announced and everybody headed for the dining table. Abhimanyu pulled a chair out for Akshara and got seated right beside her.

~

“So Akshara, how the two of you met ?” - asked Parth amidst dinner, excitement dripping from his voice.

Akshara smiled at that question and looked at Abhi who was smiling softly at her.

“Well, on the day of my interview.” - she replied, the flashes of that day and the first glance of his eyes, still causing her heart to skip a beat.

“Interview ? At BE ?” - Parth asked, surprised.

“She is Chief Advisor To CEO.” - Neil provided helpfully, smiling at Abhimanyu.