wave

Class felt back to back today, it was a blessing and a curse because it kept your mind off things but also kept you busy with classwork and the homework you had piling up.

The moment you were dreading finally came, the single class you had with Eren today. You wanted to be as unbothered as possible but it was hard when you actually were bothered.

You were sitting in your seat,  Eren often sat on the other side of the room and that continued today too. That was the only time during the lecture you looked over at him, other than that you did your best to focus on what was being taught.

You wrote things down in your notebook from the moment class began all the way until it ended. You only checked your phone at the end of the lecture and you got some good news for once.

You gathered your things up a little faster than usual and you hurried out before anyone else did. You wanted to go to a bakery or something before heading home to pick up a cupcake. You got to your car in a rush, you wanted to get there and back before any traffic from the main road so you drove off quickly off campus.

You got to the bakery and you picked you a red velvet cupcake, it came in a small box that you set down in your passenger seat for the ride back home. It was beautiful outside but you had nothing to do today so you stayed in the house.

When you got home, you went into the kitchen and began making some sugar cookies from scratch. You wanted to make two batches so after making them all together you split the cookie dough in half and put them into the oven.

You waited on starting the second batch and instead, you put your cupcake on a plate on the kitchen table and grabbed a candle from your kitchen along with a lighter. You stuck the blue candle into your cupcake and lit the wick.

You sat in front of the cupcake, you felt better knowing what exactly you were lighting the candle for. You wanted to enjoy this moment preferably not alone but that's all you had right now so you made it work.

You got the job.

You blew out the candle, trying to make yourself feel better and actually be happy with getting the job but things weren't feeling very joyful right now. You pulled the candle out of the cupcake and peeled the wrapper off before taking a bite of it.

It was an accomplishment you planned on celebrating with Sasha, you weren't upset by what you said you were upset because she told your business. You sat there staring at the little line of smoke leaving the black wick of the candle...feeling very unaccomplished ironically.

You didn't feel any better, honestly. Right after taking the bite, there was a knock on the front door, you knew it wasn't Sasha because she had a key and it definitely wasn't Eren because when did he ever knock? You got up to go check, you looked through the peephole but whoever it was, was picking something up off the ground so you couldn't see their face.

You opened the door, the man stood up full and you saw that it was Eren. He was standing there patiently, you were a little more shocked that he knocked on your front door rather than him even being here at all.

He glanced at your lips for a moment then peaked his head inside your house, you were confused because he didn't say anything but when he looked at you he smiled softly.

"You got the job." He acknowledged, you nodded at him with your hand on the doorknob and you stepped to the side so he could come inside.

You realized there was frosting left on your lip and when he peaked inside he saw the cupcake on your table, you licked your lip and let him inside.

When he did, you closed the door behind him. You didn't know why he was here or what he was going to say but he looked quite composed with himself.

"House is quiet...Sasha's out?" Eren wondered and stood across from you.