- 2 -

"Beidou, you are free to come up and play chess whenever you like." The lady pleasantly says, cupping her hands together in a mannerly way on her desk.

"Really?" There is a hint of excitement in the captain's voice. "So I can really come and disturb you to play?"

The idea of 'disturb' is a little uneasy with the lady. "Disturb…? My, put it in a way as an offer or invitation to come play with you." She opens her fan and covers her face behind it. She wants the captain to be comfortable with her. She doesn't want her to feel unwelcomed all the time just because she is always so busy, and will think that she's a nuisance.

"Alright then!" Beidou grins. "I'd like to play now!"

Unbelievable, the lady thought.

She tries her best to remain smiling, despite how much she wants to sulk. She's just very tired from the festival. 

But the woman in front of her is Beidou.

Of course she'll do anything for her.

"Alright, alright," the lady says and gets up to grab the chess board.

•••

"Ahah!" Beidou rejoices. "Checkmate!"

The lady feels her forehead. She's lost again to the captain. 

"What's wrong, Ningguang? Feeling the wrath of defeat?" the captain chuckles as she jokes.

Ningguang unconsciously lets out a small chuckle at this. "Oh, definitely." She scrunches her nose. This is the first time she is actually happy getting defeated. She loves to see that smile on the captain's face.

"You must be crazy," the captain laughs. "Who in the world is happy at losing?"

I think I really must be crazy. Out of my mind, actually.

For you

the lady thought.

The lady finishes the last of her giggles and begins to stand. "Let's get this cleaned up."

"Alright." Beidou begins to put the pieces aside. "Good game. I'll definitely come by another day to play some more."

Is playing chess all you want to do with me? the lady wondered. Although, playing with her is what she finds an honor. 

Certainly, chess is not the only thing she wants to do with the captain.